• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Project BoG: Blaze of Glory

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 6
Here's a question. Why are you making a new Glory of the Horde?

I mean, making a map that is based on another one that is still currently being updated is already controversial. I could understand this happening if you thought Glory of the Horde was a really badly designed map, but you said it yourself that you are actually going to use the same gameplay mechanics as it.

Why would you do such a thing to poor Panther, blatantly stealing his ideas and player base?

Level 6
What do scout, summoner, Pyromant, geomancer actually do? and why would Dragonmaws hire Skardyn, and kill it's own dragons just to train the "dragonslayers"

No

Last edited:
Level 9
So, what you're trying to tell me incredibly horribly inaccurate terrain based on Avrion's fail terraining style is going to honestly be better then GOTH 9.0? You smoke good drugs honestly.

Also, if you're going to make a rip off map, at least have some kind of decent divergence from the actual main map.

Furthermore, I'm rather curious why Avrion would back doing something like this at all. Also my maps aren't unprotected, I just leave the source code visible, you can't actually edit the map and not have it fuck everything.

Anyway, I would like to point out another thing here. I have no issue with competition, however I think you're being an idiot for thinking a no-name punk with what I can tell very little mapping experience can compete with me.

Furthermore, I find it LAUGHABLE that you think this is going to go over well. Regardless, good luck.

Level 1
You copy pasted the terrain of Legends of the Second war. It is COMPLETELY the same. So basically you steal other people's ideas / thoughts / creations and than put it in one game and call it 'new'. You should really gtfo now.

Level 23
OMG, why are there so many noobs here, who crytisize without understanding?! Forgive me if I offended someone.

Eeyore, he gave credit for that.

Scout is basically a unit which can easily, summoner is master of summoning demons and making other summoned units his own, pyromant is master of flame, geomancer is master of earth and can do more damage to buildings. Dragonmaw would have easily enslaved them in Grim Batol, thus making them slaves. Dragonslayers are needed for destroying rebelling dragons and giving lesson to others. They are basically orcs who know how to deal with dragons, but they can use their skills against eneies as well.

Level 16
Whee! Lets crush the noobish opinions!

@ Eeyore
Stealing the Terrain of LotSW? Please check the members of the map (Actually, Panther's post already hint this). If you're saying Snarewave stole ideas from other people, see the Lore Thread in the Storywriting Section. If you say say that the plot is over-used, well, it's just fun to imagine that.

@ drdgvhbh
Your terrain is too filled with doodads. It's actually more or less the same rating with BoG's Terrain. Also, woof woof.

@ panther A.K.A Gay Lincoln
If you think that this map sucks, why don't you give some opinions and ideas rather than being an arse? For the spawn system, why don't you contact Snarewave? Also, people have different opinion on Terrain. You say Avrion's style sucks, but, in fact, some do like it (If not, why was AWS:LR got Approved? Rui says that the Terrain is beautiful).
P.S.: You're still online on The Hive? I thought you left to do things on Gamerisle.

*Splorch* Okay! Who's next?!

Level 23
Personally I like Avrion's terrains. I even wanted to make something like it, but better with Draenor, however I didnt have much time, so I made it a map of Draenor, you can see it in my profile. Right now the map is in Snarewaves, little hands...

Level 6
You have to understand that taking the story and mechanics from one map made by someone else without their permission and combining it with the terrain from a different map that you also did not make is simply not professional. And its downright insulting if you try to pass this "new" map off as being better than the original.

Level 6
Just made a big speech back in gamerisle. Go suck on that if you still got personal problems.

Sorry for my unprofessionality. First time ever mingling with the map editing society and not really good with common sense, but as far as I know Im playin by the rules.

Thanks for trashing back there ghoul, like 80% of the kids who supports GoTH seems to want to lynch me.

drdgvhbh, Im very honored that your second post is devoted to slamming me (first one gotta be introduction). I want to see if you got the skills to behind your lips (or fingers, whatever).

Level 2
Ok sorry for the flame there snare, but do not hire this kid. EVER.

And aviliron's terrian is a base with orc walls in a circle.

Level 6
I won't just hand him the map, it's been worked on by lotta people for some time now. I don't trust him completely, im not an idiot.

Thanks for the warning tho.

Level 6
Alright boys, trying to clear things out in gamerisle. Ive promised to change the name of the project and I'll make a new thread soon, dedicated to the changed name. Thanks for backin me up when I needed you guys the most. You really are the best.

P.S. any ideas for a better name?

Level 6
I would also recommend that you do not use the world "Glory" as it would make people think its a cheap ripoff of GOTH.

Furthermore, I would also recommend you change the actual map so that it does not rip off GOTH, at the very least in its mechanics. Ultimately, though, using the alternate second war timeline where orcs won will still cause people to think that it rips off GOTH.

Level 6
I will change the name, but Im keeping the system. GOTH has the same system used in the Broken Alliances by King Leopold (which came first) and u guys have no right or control of that.

Level 6
I will change the name, but Im keeping the system. GOTH has the same system used in the Broken Alliances by King Leopold (which came first) and u guys have no right or control of that.

First off, the spawn upgrade system used by GOTH is notably different than that used by Broken Alliances. The BA system involves continuously adding units to each spawn, while the GOTH system involves purchasing a one time upgrade. You chose to use the exact same version as the one used in GOTH. And that's not the real problem here.

The real problem is that you took the exact same spawn system as the one found in GOTH and implemented it in a game that steals GOTH's entire concept, an alternate universe where orcs won the second war. That could be easily classified as ripping off Panther's map.

Level 16
IF you want to make it different from GotH's Spawn System, why don't you change the Weapon and Armor Upgrade System to the Classic One? That should clear all problems we have here.

Level 6
I will implement it, but this probably won't be enough. You should visit gamerisle and check out the first half of the posts of the thread devoted to this. They'r really pissed..

Level 2
You could make that the upgrades you choose is based on a tech tree. So if you research x, you will be able to research z. So there can be more strategical thinking. (Unit spawn upgrades, not atk/def upgrades)

Level 6
I will implement it, but this probably won't be enough. You should visit gamerisle and check out the first half of the posts of the thread devoted to this. They'r really pissed..

It certainly won't solve everything. Making a map that is based on the same concept (orcs won the second war) as a much older map that is still being updated is still pretty controversial. I could understand if it was a vague concept such as a map about the Second War in general (its acceptable that there are multiple maps that are based on this), however, the concept that you are basing your map off of is so unique that only one map has so far been established upon it.

Level 6
Man you are smart drdgvhbh. I like this.

Ghoulrush, Ive already offered what I can, That's the line. I ain't changing my mind.

Level 6
Also snare, this quote from you

your fault for leaving it unprotected, and yes u did leave it unprotected. If you didn't want any other map with your spawn system on it, maybe you shouldn't have done what u did

directly conflicts with The Hive Workshop's policy on original content:

Original Work
All maps must be significantly worked on, if not entirely created, by their submitter. Maps that were edited from someone else's work must include proof of permission to edit that work, and the original author may request that the map be taken down at any time.

Level 16
No, he can't. Only Mods, Admins, and the Webmaster himself who can close a thread.

Also

Original Work
All maps must be significantly worked on, if not entirely created, by their submitter. Maps that were edited from someone else's work must include proof of permission to edit that work, and the original author may request that the map be taken down at any time.

This doesn't apply to systems.

Level 6
Indeed, Good Luck. You've already resorted to finding ways to justify stealing ideas and unprotected code, so I'm sure the project will turn out well.

Level 16
Indeed, Good Luck. You've already resorted to finding ways to justify stealing ideas and unprotected code, so I'm sure the project will turn out well.

Such a noobish way to mock someone. The idea of the Horde winning the Second War is easily done WITHOUT taking a look on panther's GotH. It's not like that panther is patriarch of all WC3 Strategy Games. If you say "Stealing Ideas", you really should say that to DotA. Leoric is directly taken from fucking Diablo.

Status
Not open for further replies.