• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

[Miscellanous / Other] Project Ahn'Qiraj

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 11
Project Ahn'Qiraj

This is a small introduction of my current project. I postponed my RPG project due to a trip I have to make to China for one year. I will continue working on it when I get back. Instead I resumed my dungeon crawler project which at least I can manage to finish before I go.

This map takes you back into the infamous raid, the Temple of Ahn'Qiraj. At the start of the map you may choose up to seven heroes, which takes on the objective of defeating the bosses that resides in the temple.
When your heroes have died a total of 20 deaths, they will no longer resurrect and you have to restart. You have completed the map when all main quest objectives are completed.

Update:
Demo map attached: View attachment (1)Wc3AQOpt.rar
Note: Demo ends after Battleguard Sartura.
This map is not your average dungeon crawler. Dedication, focus and good strategy is essential to progress through the map.
If you still think it's too hard, watch my youtube video and look how I myself manage to defeat the enemies.

Features:
  • Singleplayer Dungeon crawler.
  • Atmospheric terrain.
  • Custom Enemy AI.
  • WoW-like enemy and boss abilities.
  • MUI spells.
  • Custom damage system.
  • Anti-cheat system (only for certain cheats).

Screenshot Gallery:

Video:
From start to The Prophet Skeram.

Developement Team:
This project is entirely made by myself.

Progress:
Heroes: Druid, Druid Bear Form, Hunter, Mage, Paladin, Priest, Rogue, Shaman, Warlock, Warrior.
The Prophet Skeram Trash: Done.
The Prophet Skeram: Done.
Lord Kri, Princess Yauj, Vem: Done.
Battleguard Sartura Trash: Done.
Battleguard Sartura: Done.
Fankriss the Unyeilding Trash: Done.
Fankriss the Unyeilding: Under development.
Viscidus: Not yet done.
Princess Huhuran Trash: Not yet done.
Princess Huhuran: Not yet done.
The Twin Emperors Trash: Not yet done.
The Twin Emperors: Not yet done.
Ouro: Not yet done.
C'thun Trash: Not yet done.
C'thun: Not yet done.

Credits:
Thanks to Bribe for his damage detection system.
Full credits are given in the map itself.

Estimated Release Date:
March/April 2013. (Postponed due to school studies).
If there is enough interest, I might release an alpha/beta version earlier.

Last edited:

Deleted member 212788

D

Deleted member 212788

Fasolace said:
Estimated Release Date:
Mars/April 2013.
If there is enough interest, I might release an alpha/beta version earlier.
Just a small typo I think you may want to correct. :)

Level 23
A few things.

1) Whats the point of CC anyway, theres not a single enemy that can be polymorphed. Roots and hex can only target 1- 2 unit types on the map, both of which are insignificant mobs that you wouldnt want to waste CC on anyway.

2) Healer out of combat mana regen is atrocious.

3) Simmilarly to polymorph, mortal strike has next to no use. Beside the initial melee mobs, nothing else heals anyway.

All that being said, theres only really big thing I love about this map.
Of all the WoW maps ever done, this is the first that actually doesnt copy abilities wholesale without recognising the implications of having Wow abiltities in wc3.

I like how you did away with mechanics such as cast time + no cooldown abilties which serve no purpose in wc3 other than to complicate things.
By selectively chosing skills from each class, you managed to give each class the feel of its wow counterpart without the clutter of having tons of abilties. Those class skills you selected also go very well with wc3 mechanics.

Level 11
A few things.

1) Whats the point of CC anyway, theres not a single enemy that can be polymorphed. Roots and hex can only target 1- 2 unit types on the map, both of which are insignificant mobs that you wouldnt want to waste CC on anyway.

2) Healer out of combat mana regen is atrocious.

3) Simmilarly to polymorph, mortal strike has next to no use. Beside the initial melee mobs, nothing else heals anyway.

All that being said, theres only really big thing I love about this map.
Of all the WoW maps ever done, this is the first that actually doesnt copy abilities wholesale without recognising the implications of having Wow abiltities in wc3.

I like how you did away with mechanics such as cast time + no cooldown abilties which serve no purpose in wc3 other than to complicate things.
By selectively chosing skills from each class, you managed to give each class the feel of its wow counterpart without the clutter of having tons of abilties. Those class skills you selected also go very well with wc3 mechanics.

Thank you for your good feedback. Hope you enjoyed the map.

1. The point of CC is to counter enemy mind controlling your units. Instead of killing them, you can CC them and make sure none of your units attack them.

2. Good point, but for that I would have to make a triggered mana system, I will see if I can get time when I continue on the map.

3. Mortal Strike makes it easier to kill Anubisath Sentinels which have Rejuvenation, and the "Great Heal Ability" of Princess Yauj in the Three Bugs, and will also affect other enemy healing abilities in the later bosses and enemies which I haven't made yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.