• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

World of Ham Ham beta 0.6

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am latening because I am making a VERY MASSIVE update on the map.
- I am remodeling the entire world, redistributing doodads, adding a lot of new monsters, lots of new dungeons, etc.
- Abling than any player chose if wants to fight for the Alliance or the Horde.
- Removing the Sirens of the Alliance and adding the trolls.
Why? because:
1 - There are no certainly buildings for the sirens.
2 - The sirens help the Alliance only one time in my campaing.
3 - The trolls make much more participation than them.
4 - If I add the two, It will become 6 races to alliance and 5 for the Horde, it will be unbalanced...
- Adding a choice to player if he wish to be a Warlord that can build structures and use the gold mines, or be a Frelancer that cant buy anything, but gains 50% more xp and start with 5 bonus inteligence, strength and agility.

There are the building concepts:

Units:
A combat unit, (Human Footman, Elven Footman, Dwarven Gunner, Centaur Warrior, Orc Grunt, Magnataur Rider, Undead Ghoul, Bloodfiend Grunt, Naga Myrmidon, and Troll Spearthrower.
A suport unit, (Human Speartrower, Elven Spellbreaker, Gryphon Ryder, Centaur Archer, (orc is indefinited yet) , Kodo Beast, Skeleton Archer, Dragon, Couaty and Troll Shaman)
And a Siege Engine such as Catapults (Orcs, Magnataurs, Undeads, and Bloodfiends) Ballistas (Elvens, Trolls) Sea Turtle (Naga) and Siege Cannons (Humans and Dwarvens)

Buildings:
- An outpost that can receive resources and can be upgraded to a hideout for the hero.
- A troop production building.
- A food production building (that can be used too as an alternative way to restore the health of your units.).

And there are many, many, many, many and many things more......

I am working 6 hour per day on the map...

Yes, I am needing of some ideas to develop the Quests.
I have created the following quests:

Humans: Save the Princess
In an expedition to the Princess Ellen was been captured by Bloodfiend Forces, now you must save her before is too late.
- Travel to Baenor
- Kill Gaerram the Warlock and rescue the Princess Ellen.
- Bring Ellen back to Caenor.

Human2: Dragons must die!
The Black Dragon Dragax is overwhelmiling the landings at Doomland, you must kill this damned beast!
- Travel to the Island of Doom and kill the Dragon.
- Report to Lord Aurius at the Island of Sulnish

Dwavens: Vampire Hunter
A Vampire was controled the mind of a dwarven reccon group at the Haunted Hills, you must kill the vampire and free these poor dwarvens.
- Go to the Damned Castle at the Haunted Hills.
- Kill the Vampire to free the captured dwarvens.
- Report to Thorgas on Gar'thor.

Orcs: Miraculous Herb
The naga's queen Asprass'kalaf was hit the orcish warchief Tygore with a special magic poisoned arrow. This poison can be only healed with the Nadiob's Herb.
- Travel to Nadiob's Sanctum.
- Stolen a Nadiob's Herb.
- Bring it back to Bearmaul so the Orcs can heal Tygore.

I was cleared lots of terrain to create new isles in this version, give me an idea to make the quests, I have space to create.

Progress Report:
- I am making an incredible variation of terrain and doodads on the game.
- Lots of new monsters are added such as the Swamp Golem, Elder Hydra, Colossus Hydra, Desert Snake, Bloodfiend Deceiver, Gnoll Chieftain, Wraith, Ghost Knight, Banshee, Fire Elemental, Earth Elemental, and much more...
- I cant post the map because this is still unplayable, but I will post some screenshots after the cristhmas.

Level 5
Ham Ham said:
I'm looking for a way to save heroes in my rpg.

World Editor Unlimited has at advanced triggers:
Advanced: Multiplayer - Save hero
Advanced: Multiplayer - Restore Hero At Stored Location
Advanced: Multiplayer - Restore Hero At Location
Advanced: Multiplayer - Customize Hero Save and Load System
(the customization has more then i can make with simple WE GUI)
Although i did not test this yet...
But if this all works you would have all possibilities that exist.

Level 10
I don't have much time to talks but the "trees" on the second picture on the mountain rock face look horrible out of place. Also why is there fire coming from the top? If it's supposed to be volcano like, why is the peak pointy?

looking better!

-Deck

LOL! The weu can save/load multiplayer maps without needing of Jass scripts?
I will dl it and use later.
I dont was updated images today because... I was forget it xD. I will update them later.
There is coming soon another beta, the 0.2.10, On this, again, only humans are playable, but you already can chose betwen Freelancer or Warlord.

No, Deckboy, that is not a volcano, this is a peak then exhales infamable toxic gases, they burn out on the surface, this really looks strange for that angle, but on the game, it is better.

Level 27
My friend say Game Cache don't work in multiplayer for saving/loading characters, he is making a rpg too, so he was found a way to do it in Jass Script, but I dont know anything about jass...

Someone can help me?

Ehm lol ask ur friend to give the code to you,he is your friend right?

EDIT - And omg ham ham plz attach your map BETA to one of your posts! i have to log in to dl this map =/

Level 5
Required World Editor UNLIMITED to open.
Okay, here's a sample map of hero save and load.
Save & Load hero test map[color=#000ff]![/color]
Say -add str
-add agi
-add int
to add 1 to any of these attributes
-create
to create a hero
-save
to save
-load code
to load
Sample map saves:
-Skill levels
-max life and mana
-Strength, Agility and Intelligence
-Gold and Lumber
-Carried Items
-Can only be loaded by player with save name as player who saved character.

Attachments

• savenloadcodesguiweu.w3x
    185.1 KB · Views: 44
EDIT - And omg ham ham plz attach your map BETA to one of your posts! i have to log in to dl this map =/

I am remaking the game engine, much was lose. For now, only humans are playable, and only as a freelancer. I am trying to make a beta soon as possible (I will stop woth terrainig and begin the trigering for now)
But I was attached many images today.

I am trying to dl the weu yet. When I can dl it, I will test this code.

Last edited:
Level 27
I am remaking the game engine, much was lose. For now, only humans are playable, and only as a freelancer. I am trying to make a beta soon as possible (I will stop woth terrainig and begin the trigering for now)
But I was attached many images today.

I am trying to dl the weu yet. When I can dl it, I will test this code.

Cool your terrain now looks good :D

But i think u didnt get me,i have to >>>> LOG IN TO THE WEBSITE <<<< where u have the link-adress to download your map,plz attach the map to your post ? i dont want to register for some other site again =/

Level 5
Ok is this a joke? XD EVERYTHINg is BLACK z0mfg XD

Attachments

• joke.JPG
    joke.JPG
    28.5 KB · Views: 110
Level 27
Actually, the save/load codes used in multiplayer games work with letter codes, not game caches.

wait a minute? u mean they can be hacked? :D

EDIT - (respond on ham ham) what happend is that i click the game the menu scrolls up and the suddenly comes down.. like i said it just doesnt work the doesnt react he does nothing i cant even PLAY the map its not black its no bla i just even cant start it OO

01/31/2007 progress report.

I was removed the warlord/freelancer option for now. (only can be freelancer)
But I was re-added the elvens, added the dwarvens, for the horde, I was added the bloodfiends, a repick system, more items, more lands to explore, much areas was re-terrained, and the cityes was totaly remaked.

I will update the 0.11 version soon as possible.

Level 27
01/31/2007 progress report.

I was removed the warlord/freelancer option for now. (only can be freelancer)
But I was re-added the elvens, added the dwarvens, for the horde, I was added the bloodfiends, a repick system, more items, more lands to explore, much areas was re-terrained, and the cityes was totaly remaked.

I will update the 0.11 version soon as possible.

You re-terrained most of the terrain? good ... because well .. i didnt like the terrain so much it was not rly like an RPG but more like a LOTR game where you mass forces (you know?) .. those units are rly small and the creep areas are well .. they are small .. i know its not rdy yet so keep up this work and it might get to a good rpg ;)

The units are small because the 256x256 map is to small to do them in defalt size.

70% of chance then I will update 0.11 beta on wednesday.
Features of the 0.11:

- Races avaliable(aliance): humans, elvens and Dwarvens.
- Races avaliable(horde): bloodfiends(demons) and undead.
- Quests avaliable(alliance): 3, at least.
- Quests avaliable(horde): none, yet.
- Terrain Remade.
- Lots of New items.
- New Ruins, caves, and swamps to explore.
- A repick system. If you dont liked of your hero, just say @repick and you can chose a new hero or race.

ham ham, if u need help, just PM me
I am with problems in my respawn system.

Events
- Unit-a unit owned by neutral hostile dies
- Unit-a unit owned by player11 dies
- Unit-a unit owned by player12 dies
Conditions
- Dying unit is a hero equal to false.
- Dying unit is a building equal to false.
Actions:
Wait 60 seconds.
Create 1 unit type of dying unit at position of dying unit facing dying unit degress.

This dont work if the unit corpse is raised or canibalized.

How can I fix it?

Status
Not open for further replies.