1. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still havn't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. The Lich King demands your service! We've reached the 19th edition of the Icon Contest. Come along and make some chilling servants for the one true king.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. The 4th SFX Contest has started. Be sure to participate and have a fun factor in it.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. The poll for the 21st Terraining Contest is LIVE. Be sure to check out the entries and vote for one.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. The results are out! Check them out.
    Dismiss Notice
  7. Don’t forget to sign up for the Hive Cup. There’s a 555 EUR prize pool. Sign up now!
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The Hive Workshop Cup contest results have been announced! See the maps that'll be featured in the Hive Workshop Cup tournament!
    Dismiss Notice
  9. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

Productivity system

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by redwing.asingaurd, Feb 21, 2018.

1. redwing.asingaurd

redwing.asingaurd

Resources:
    Resources:
    Does anybody know of a program or operating system I could install that will turn my computer into parents basically, so it tells me to sleep on time and be careful what I eat, but also unlike parents have it guide my daily habits so I mod warcraft every day?

I think YouTube is super intelligence and it's reprogramming my brain to watch YouTube in my spare time and I want to take back control of my body

2. Mr. Gameplay Knowledge

Mr. Gameplay Knowledge

Resources:
    Resources:
    Again very dramatic from you,u sound like your parents are not anymore in this world.
    Back to topic it sounds like u are searching for a fitness program:
    20+ Fitness Tools that Track Your Exercise, Meals, Sleep, and More
    Btw.YouTube is super good at wasting my time,bcs. the amount of clickbaits is huge.
    But if u watch YouTube to laugh about something,then u are on the right place because they have a huge amount of meme's(i prefer DANK MEMES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!).

3. Zombie

Zombie

Resources:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Resources:
    Unplug your internet.

4. chobibo

chobibo

Resources:
    Resources:
    Spill cola on the modem.

5. pyf

pyf

Resources:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
  6. Championfighter25

Championfighter25

Resources:
    Resources:
    I can offer you the online alarm clock
    http://onlineclock.net/
    You can even chose the sound it plays. I'd seriously suggest you go with the bomb, police car, crying baby or military trumpet, as the others are only for people who actually don't want to wake up on time, Max volume is of importance too.

If you want diet plans, here have this:
    Free Diet Plans | Easy Diets Online | ChangingShape.com
    Now if you want to eat what you want, just stick a note on your screen saying ''CHECK THE NUTRITION FACTS BEFORE OPENING IT''. It really helps. You can even add some threatening words to make it sound more menacing.

The clock i mentioned above will be your guide.

Well, normally you get addicted to something, because it makes you feel fulfilled. Try to find something that also does that, but is less harmful. Try finding a hobby. No watching youtube videos isn't a hobby sorry...
    Try to go in internet-free zones. Yeah, i know, i know, it's like straight up hell for people with this addiction, but it will help you.
    Maybe try blocking it. Or if you can't quit it and still want to watch, then remember to do your computer work first. 23 hours warcraft modding only, 1 hour youtube a day. No more, no less. It will change your life in ways you could never imagine.

Last edited: Feb 23, 2018
  7. Retera

Retera

Tool Reviewer

Resources:
    Models:
    Tools:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    I tried disabling the internet on the modem, but then I just enabled it again, telling myself that I had to for some logical reason of something I needed to download.... or something.
    Then I watched youtube all day.

8. chobibo

chobibo

Resources:
    Resources:
    Get professional help or ask your parents to limit your internet access.

9. Devine

Devine

Resources:
    Resources:
    If you think software is going to save you from computer addiction, you're gonna have a bad time.

10. Retera

Retera

Tool Reviewer

Resources:
    Models:
    Tools:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    No, it's not thinking, I'm definitely sure it will. :)

11. chobibo

chobibo

Resources:
    Resources:
    Something thinking would probably be more helpful. That's probably as dangerous as punching your nuts whilst wearing a brass knuckle.

12. Hotwer

Hotwer

Resources:
    Resources:
  13. Retera

Retera

Tool Reviewer

Resources:
    Models:
    Tools:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    It's not about the internet, you have to be in control. I just installed Gentoo. I'm going to be in control. Could make a cron task for an alarm. Running an internet stack, then a browser, then sending HTTP requests to an unknown party to receive an HTML document containing linked JavaScript to behave in the manner of an alarm clock until the HTML rendering engine and browser have been closed... Is for people who have surrendered control of the system

Why would you do it this way, if you were in control? We must be in control, then use control to be productive.

14. Chaosy

Chaosy

Resources:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    No.
    If you have the willpower to install programs to limit yourself... without turning them off again, then you have enough willpower to just do the right thing from the start.

15. Pinzu

Pinzu

Resources:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    I think it's important to have at least a few weeks (month) a year without internet. Like alcoholics having a dry month just to see if they are truly addicted or not. I'm not sure you can be completely free from the internet (email, bills, scheduling, and other important apps you use from day to day) but you can definitely be free from browsing.

Also parental locks, and time control apps don't work because you will always find ways around them and leave the loophole, because of reasons.