• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Problem with War3ModelEditor.exe

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
Hello everybody, why I'm asking on this forum is caused by the quick and accurate answers from you all.

Now, I want to edit some WC3 models and I'm searching the tool, and I found War3ModelEditor by Magos. But when I attempted to open the file (after extracted) it always open a notice like this
W2y3t.png

I've already done the tutorial by Magos himself, and do some re-downloading. Nothing's work
+repp to who've helped or tried :)

Eh, guess I am placing my thread on a wrong place :(
Sorry everyone, just remove this thread. I'm gonna post it on the right place.

{EDIT}
Hello everybody, why I'm asking on this forum is caused by the quick and accurate answers from you all.

Now, I want to edit some WC3 models and I'm searching the tool, and I found War3ModelEditor by Magos. But when I attempted to open the file (after extracted) it always open a notice like this
W2y3t.png

I've already done the tutorial by Magos himself, and do some re-downloading. Nothing's work
+repp to who've helped or tried :)

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Angry
Reactions: Rui
Level 12
Try downloading d3dx9_35.dll and put it where War3ModelEditor.exe is located. Or try adding it to Windows files.

{EDIT}
You've already made a thread for this right? Don't make two threads of the same type, you should wait for someone to answer your question instead of spamming your question around.

Last edited by a moderator:
Level 3
Woah ! So d3dx9_35.dll mean the registry >_<

Hexcellion, you are my saviour !
Now I'm gonna do my models :)

+repp
Maybe you can help me another time :D

Level 3
Err, has problem again. How can you remove the weapon from a model perfectly ?

And anyone knows what trigger used for damage block ? Like stout shield/PMS/Vanguard in dota.

Thx anyone

Level 3
Yes, I've using the search function but the weapon removal still too hard for me -_- and I can't find damage blocking trigger even after googling. So that's why I ask hiveworkshoper

Btw, have any idea for the damage blocking trigger ? Really need it !
Thx b4

Level 3
@yvx : yeah, I've looked around there. But it's hard to find the human models (seems like the poster make mistake on Peasant,Bandit,Arthas. So I decided to edit the models myself.

Edit : Where can I found the HighElven Archer.mdx or BloodElfArcher.mdx or Archer (not the night elves one) when you see the model on object editor. If you know give me the destination please (on War3.mpq or War3X.mpq else)

Status
Not open for further replies.