• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Texture problem with War3ModelEditor/PSP9

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
I tried searching for this problem before and couldn't find any posts on it, so I decided to make my own.

I'm having problems with Magno's Model Editor. It opens every other model perfectly, be it custom ones or ones from the game. However, whenever I try to open a model using my own custom textures, it keeps saying "Texture does not exist!" once it tries to load it. I tried many different paths and made sure capitals were included if used in order to avoid confusion, and still I get no results.

The model and texture opens up fine in the Warcraft 3 Viewer, so I thought perhaps the problem was converting the textures using the viewer. In order to fix this, I downloaded the Warcraft 3 Image Extractor, extracted the BLP I edited before from the mpq, re-edited it, and saved it as a .tga file. When I went to convert it to blp, Image Extractor tells me that it doesn't support that type of compression. I thought it supported .tga...doesn't it?

Now I'm thinking the problem is editing the skin in Paintshop Pro 9. I'm not sure if the problem was originally with the Editor or if Paintshop Pro 9-edited skins just give that problem. I just want to see if there are any known bugs before I try re-installing PSP8.

Level 3
I had done all of that beforehand.

I tried many different paths and made sure capitals were included if used in order to avoid confusion, and still I get no results.

By that I mean that I made sure the pathing was perfect. If the pathing wasn't perfect I wouldn't be able to get it to work in the viewer. I converted it using the viewer, and the model works in the viewer as well. as for dimensions, I don't think that's a problem either, considering that it was an edit of an already existing skin rather than making one completely from scratch. I can safely say that my pathing isn't the problem after the steps I've taken to make sure of that. If PSP9 isn't supposed to have any errors in editing skins, then maybe I'm just having a problem with the editor itself? I think other people would have the same problem if it was the editor, so it has to be something else.

Status
Not open for further replies.