• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Problem with playing sounds during birth/death animations

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey guys.
After hours of playing around with sound events in magos I give up and would like to ask if anyone knows what I'm doing wrong.
So, the problem is that when I add all the sequences (birth/death) and sound events that play during said sequences, it's bugged in one of the following ways ingame:
1. Only birth sound plays. OR
2. Only death sound plays. OR
3. Neither of them plays.

The following setups have had the following results:
Setup 1

Stand: 1-2
Death: 3-5 (Sound plays at 4)
Birth: 6-8 (Sound plays at 7)

Result: Only birth sound plays
Setup 2

(I specifically copied this one from the ingame model "arrow", which seems to work fine, but not on my model)
Stand: 1133-2500
Birth: 2667-2700 (Sound plays at 2667)
Death: 3067-3400 (Sound plays at 3067)

Result: Only death sound plays.
Any other setups have yielded result 3 (neither of them plays)
So, am I doing something wrong or is it yet another bug with magos?
Thanks in advance.

Level 22
It could be because your sequences are too short, I remember having some problems with particles not displaying properly if the interval was too short (less than 100) so maybe it's the same for sounds.
Another possibility is that you try to play the second sound before the first is finished, in that case the second sound will sometimes not play.

Status
Not open for further replies.