• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Problem with in-game heroes (regarding buttons)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 1
So I am making a map where you start out with a hero that you can level, and I want each player to start with said hero on equal terms, meaning each one has the ability to level and the ability to learn/ use respective commands.

When I tested the map with a friend, the heroes leveled normally according to the set parameters. However, the real problem lied within the command cards.

MY command card was as it should have been - Learn Abilities button leading to the Abilities submenu, the abilities appearing on my first submenu once learned, and the hero's ability to repair was also displayed.

HOWEVER, MY FRIEND's command card was empty save for the default move, stop, attack, hold commands. His buttons for learn abilities weren't there, neither was his ability to repair. Yet he could still level normally.

I used this tutorial to design my hero unit - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1et41pqbJsM .

Now, this guide is outdated, so I updated my mod in the one way I learned I could, and that was by disabling the default melee starting options under the Melee Initialization trigger in the triggers editor, thereby enabling my heroes to level as normal.

Is there any other way(s) that I have to update my mod/map so that my heroes' command cards will display?

This is not the first time my command cards have screwed up. Countless amounts of times my production buildings have failed to display the proper buttons for which they have both the abilities and ability commands for. Are all of these just bugs? I can't find any other answer online so I specifically created an account here so that I could hopefully find a solution.

Last edited:
Level 1
Your friend is using the Simple Command Card game option. Tell him to turn the damn option off.

You can also go around modifying all button entries so that they are set to visible when basic command card is enabled.

Goddamnit, Shiv. Alright thanks for the help; greatly appreciated.

Status
Not open for further replies.