• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Command Card] Submenu

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm trying to create a submenu of abilities for a hellion unit. I have all the abilities created, and added to the second command card. I have the submenu on the first command card, but it doesn't work. When I start the game, there simply is no button or icon there. I even tried creating an ability called "Actions" under the "Build" category and giving that ability to the hellion, but I've had no success. I even tried looking at the SCV, and how they use submenus, but still I can't figure it out. Can anyone assist?
Here are a few screenshots.

SS1.png

SS2.png

Level 9
Learn ability does not need to be pointed, its simply a button to switch the command card, I don't know why your button to a sub menu isn't working, you shouldn't even need to create an ability to simply make it redirect you to a different sub menu, if you can't figure out whats wrong you can try posting your map and have it looked at.

Level 9
If its in the case of learning an ability, that probably would work, but its the wrong way to do it if all the person wants is to go to a different sub menu.

Alright, here is the map.
However I deleted all triggers, wiped all units / doodads, and set the entire terrain to grass (nothing personal. don't want it stolen. you know how it is).

Hopefully you can help?

Edit: Didn't delete unit Data though. That's the same (sorry for the confusion)

Attachments

• Command Card.SC2Map
    225.8 KB · Views: 63
Last edited:
Level 9
Figured it out, apparently its not registering your only ability in there, and I don't believe it will show if all thats registered by your Actions is the cancel sub-menu button, try adding an ability that definitely works in the sub-menu like Move and you'll see. My guess is your problem lied with the Park ability in the submenu not functioning properly. May have something to do with an exact copy of the ability already present in the first command card.

I added "Move" to the second command card, and it worked perfectly. However once I removed "Park" on the first command card and tried it again with it on the Second one, the ability "Park" didn't show up at all.

FYI I only added "Park" to the first command card after I couldn't get the first one to show up (the command card wasn't working and I needed to do testing).

Any ideas as to how I can have custom abilities on the second command card? It doesn't seem to work. Thanks, and +Rep

Level 9
Make sure that u set your Default button for your ability in Ability - Command+ to Park for Execute, then set the ability in the first and second command card on your unit to use the Park Ability Command.

Status
Not open for further replies.