• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

[Solved] Problem with importing .tga

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
Thanks Pinzu, it works... partially. The path texture doesn't display in the editor when I press P and it's much smaller than I expected it to be. (a 60x60 px path tex in editor appears to be only slightly bigger than a human tower). It's problematic :/
Gimp 2 allows you to save as TGA?
Yup, GIMP 2.8 allows it

Level 2
Here they are. The 12x12 one is uncompressed, I don't remember whether the 60x60 one is compressed or not. Both of them cause the editor to give the load fail message and behave like 2,5x2,5 (tiles) on a human tower. Thanks for minding my problem :)

Attachments

• example 12x12.tga
    476 bytes · Views: 80
  • example 60x60.tga
    10.6 KB · Views: 68

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
Both provided example pathing maps work perfectly. The 12x12 one loads correctly as 12x12. The 60x60 one also loads correctly as 60x60. Both show up correctly in the editor when pathing overlay is turned on. Both also work perfectly in game when used as a building pathing map, blocking construction and collision as expected for their shapes.

Something is wrong with how you are importing them.

How I imported them was to first import the appropriate tga file, for example "example 60x60.tga". I then changed its path and renamed it simply to "60x60Example.tga" (not in a folder although that really should not matter). I then saved the map, making sure there were no errors during save (if there are errors they could cause the import to fail). For testing a selected the default melee Orc Burrow unit and changed its pathing map to "60x60Example.tga". I then placed one of these on the map and turned on pathing view. The overlay correctly showed the 60x60 pathing area and shape as described by the file. I then placed a peon and tested the map to confirm this is the pathing in game, which it was.

Last edited:
Level 2
Thank you, it solved the problem. :) It was my first time importing files to the editor.
+rep

Status
Not open for further replies.