• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece!🔗 Click here to enter!

Imported models with tga type textures don't work?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 7
I have found a huge file with all kind of useful doodad models. The problem is that the texture datas are all tga type and the models don't work after they were imported. I firstly experimented with the paths and tried everything (for example removing 'w3mapimported/') and saved/reloaded the map. But this didn't work. I also converted the tga data to blp data. But as blp datas the textures and models didn't work too. Unfortunatelly the creater of the model pack didn't write what paths are required or what ever has to be done with the models/textures to make them working. Are tga textures possibly not working for imported models or do i have to use a specific updated program to convert the tga datas to blp datas? Or do i just need specific paths for the textures that the creater forgot to add in a readme data? Here is the link for the doodad pack, the download link is there visible in the first uploader's comment:

1 GB of WoW Doodads (250Mb rar)

Level 7
Try to use mdx pather. If you convert textures to blp, the path in the model can still be .tga so you need to change that too with mdx pather.
I have just noticed that the models and textures work as tga datas, the standard scaling is just very low sothat the models appear very small and are nearly not visible. And because i couldn't see them i thought they don't work. But after i increased the standard scaling they became big enough and visible. I can highly recommend this model pack, you just have to use the models as doodads so that you can set the standard scale to 10 and the max scale to 100. Of course 'w3mapimported/' has still to be removed from the textures.

Status
Not open for further replies.