• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

All Imported Files Don't Work

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
I loaded up this map I've been working on earlier today and all (most) of my imported files (models/textures) weren't working properly.

Thinking this has something to do with it; a few days ago I re-saved the map under a different name onto a new storage device. Oddly, the files were recognized in the editor and in-game up until today, even though I've been re-saved the map since then. The newer files which I've downloaded and imported from the same device the map was re-saved onto work fine.

Has anyone had this problem before? I feel like the best thing to do would be to export all of the files from my older save/back up map on the old device, though when I went to go import the files as a whole it doubles the imported files (doesn't over write them) and there doesn't seem to be a way to simply delete all the imported stuff all at once. I'm hoping there's simpler way fix all this then just manually delete all these - more than 200 files, just to import them again and have them questionably work anyway.

Last edited:
Level 19
Have you saved the map as a folder and encountered an error? If the map is in folder mode and WorldEdit cannot re-save everything (e.g. you have a file/folder open and locked so WE can't overwrite it) then it will delete all imports in the map folder. The only way to restore then: from a backup or a hard reset if you're using git. If it's not related to this then I misunderstood what you got.

As far as fixing of import goes: YDWE is the Chinese version of WorldEdit and saves all internal data as human-readable files, has more features. Maybe you'll manage to fix your problem (in an easier way and faster) with YDWE?

Level 12

This thread might be helpful. Wish you best of luck :)

Status
Not open for further replies.