• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Help custom pathing textures

Level 2
Hello.

I'm having a problem importing custom path textures.

First, I have downloaded this package.

Then, I tried to import it as follows:

1709505788972.png

I change the default route name (war3mapImported\9x9Default.tga) for him (PathTextures\9x9Default.tga)

But it doesn't seem to work.

Well, what I really need is custom path texture for Guldan's skull with a scale value of 3.00 and one for Dalaran castle (I don't know the exact name) with a scale value of 2.00

I want them to be round or fit the building as much as possible, since path blockers and modifying the collision do not work as I would like.

1709506991168.png

1709507118702.png

That you cannot walk or fly, that is, it must be magenta:

1709506880154.gif

I have tried several times to create mine in paint and then convert them to .tga in a converter and then export them, but I don't understand the relationship between pixels and grids and how to import them correctly XD (editor version is 1.27b)

Level 25
So far, you are showing that you have imported a custom pathing map texture. But where are you using it?
To use the texture, you need to go to object editor, find the building and scroll down to its field 'Pathing - Pathing Map'. Open that and in the 'Custom' field write the path to the texture.

As for how those textures work, this tutorial should explain it all: https://world-editor-tutorials.thehelper.net/pathmaps.php
But to put it simply, 1 pixel in the pathing texture = 32x32 square in the world editor. If you click in world editor in the top bar menu and select View -> Grid -> Small, then you will see the entire map covered in grid. Some lines are yellow, some white and the smallest one are grey. The 32x32 is the size of the smallest (grey) square.

Level 2
Thanks, I was able to understand the pixels better and now I make my custom pathing maps in paint.

It's solved.
😊😊👍