• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

[General] Problem with customizing Upkeep tooltip

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
Hi everyone !

As you can see from the screenshots below, I'm having a problem with customizing the tooltip of Upkeep. I wanna change the original text into something else, however my text, which was supposed to be quite long was cut short, and I don't know what caused this. Does anyone know the reason to this and how to solve it ?

Thank you very much for helping me !

Untitled-1.png

Untitled2.png

Level 14
I don't suppose your text contains more than 259 characters? 39 is also the maximum amount of new lines you can use before going out of screen size.

I'm not sure about any other limitations besides this, so far this is all I could think of.

(Color codes are also count inside the 259 char limit)

@Arhowk: nice spotting there ;D, I guess you are right.

Level 19
(Color codes are also count inside the 259 char limit)

prettttttttttttttttttty sure this is false.

on tooltips id get frustrated because they get cut out. i usually have roughly 100 characters but like... 10 seperate color codes.

(which makes it a bitch for set tooltips :( )

Level 14
prettttttttttttttttttty sure this is false.

Actually, I just tested it with this:

Code:
|cff800040ABCDEFGHI1ABCDEFGHI2ABCDEFGHI3ABCDEFGHI4ABCDEFGHI5ABCDEFGHI6ABCDEFGHI7ABCDEFGHI8ABCDEFGHI9ABCDEFGHI0ABCDEFGHI1ABCDEFGHI2ABCDEFGHI3ABCDEFGHI4ABCDEFGHI5ABCDEFGHI6ABCDEFGHI7ABCDEFGHI8ABCDEFGHI9ABCDEFGHI0ABCDEFGHI1ABCDEFGHI2ABCDEFGHI3ABCDEFGHI4ABCDEFGHI5ABCDEFGHI6|r
(260 characters + 12 (minus 2 for the | characters of the color code) )

Which displays:
Code:
ABCDEFGHI1ABCDEFGHI2ABCDEFGHI3ABCDEFGHI4ABCDEFGHI5ABCDEFGHI6ABCDEFGHI7ABCDEFGHI8ABCDEFGHI9ABCDEFGHI0ABCDEFGHI1ABCDEFGHI2ABCDEFGHI3ABCDEFGHI4ABCDEFGHI5ABCDEFGHI6ABCDEFGHI7ABCDEFGHI8ABCDEFGHI9ABCDEFGHI0ABCDEFGHI1ABCDEFGHI2ABCDEFGHI3ABCDEFGHI4ABCDEFGHI
(249 characters) in purple instead of:

Code:
ABCDEFGHI1ABCDEFGHI2ABCDEFGHI3ABCDEFGHI4ABCDEFGHI5ABCDEFGHI6ABCDEFGHI7ABCDEFGHI8ABCDEFGHI9ABCDEFGHI0ABCDEFGHI1ABCDEFGHI2ABCDEFGHI3ABCDEFGHI4ABCDEFGHI5ABCDEFGHI6ABCDEFGHI7ABCDEFGHI8ABCDEFGHI9ABCDEFGHI0ABCDEFGHI1ABCDEFGHI2ABCDEFGHI3ABCDEFGHI4ABCDEFGHI5ABCDEFGHI
(259 characters). Without color codes this amount of characters does get displayed.

Test it out for yourself if you don't beleave me.

i usually have roughly 100 characters but like... 10 seperate color codes.

Which is 100 + 100 = 200 characters (10 chars for each color code)
Which means you'll have 59 chars left.

Status
Not open for further replies.