• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Spell] Prevent Orb of Slow from working on magic immune units

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
I noticed recently that Orb of Slow and items with abilities based on it will all work against magic immune units. They also allow heroes with the magic damage type to attack magic immune units. Is there a way to prevent this? I haven't been able to find anything.

Jampion

Code Reviewer
Level 15
They also allow heroes with the magic damage type to attack magic immune units. Is there a way to prevent this? I haven't been able to find anything.
This is probably because orbs enable the second attack type, which has Hero attack type by default. If you change this to magic as well, they can no longer attack magic immune units.

These kind of orb abilities also bug, if the unit auto acquires targets. It's better to use triggered orb abilities. Then you can decide whether you want the unit to be affected or not.

Status
Not open for further replies.