• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Use an ability on a unit with magic immunity

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 7
today i was making a dummy ability based on faerie fire. luckily between my test units there are some with magic immunity, that reminded me that faerie fire doesn't work on units with magic immunity (the trigger activated by the dummy ability has nothing to do with faerie fire, it's a sort of melee attack). So i changed the dummy ability with Spider's web.
Even if now the spell works, i've been left with this question in my mind: is it possible to turn abilities that usually don't work on units with magic immunity to make them work on them instead? If yes, what do i have to change in the object manager?

Level 13
No, it's not possible (without triggers I mean) . What you can do with allowed targets is make a spell capable of targeting invulnerable units, but not the ones with immunity to magic. Sounds like nonsense, but...
On the other hand, the ability "Resistant skin" or something like that grants partial immunity to spells, maybe you can experiment in that direction and make a discovery for us all :D.

Level 7
Net (for normal abilities) and Web (for autocast abilities) work like a charm, if you need dummy abilities, it's just too bad you can't change some option to make every ability work.
I wish i had time to experiment, have to study for uni exams till the end of july :cry:

Status
Not open for further replies.