• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Immolation can hurt magic immunity friendly units?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
Greetings,

I've been working on my TD map and faced trouble.
I want to make my immolation skills damage magic immuned enemy units. I tried this way according to this post Is there a way to make magic immunity ignore friendly spells?
which is i set the skill that i want to make it work for magic immuned units "Hero's ability" to "Ttrue" and set "required level" to 6 and then set "Hero's ability to "false" plus "Check targets allowed" = Air, Ground, Friend, Invulernable, Vulnerable.

Still it doesn't work..

What did i miss?? Help plz

Last edited:
Level 21
first you should try playing around with the targets allowed a little more. those things don't really work intuitively.

if that doesn't work you could just trigger it. create an ability that when it is active damages all units in range. if you just trigger it simply it will completely ignore spell immunity.

Level 3
first you should try playing around with the targets allowed a little more. those things don't really work intuitively.

if that doesn't work you could just trigger it. create an ability that when it is active damages all units in range. if you just trigger it simply it will completely ignore spell immunity.
Can you be more specific plz? I tried all the possible ways(the targets allowed stuff) that you suggested it still doesn't work. For example, I set enemy immuned units "Classcification" to ancient and "Targets allowed" to ancient.
If it's possible, i don't prefer using triggers ..

Last edited:
Level 21
try using the ability from healing ward/fountain and giving it negative values (so it damages instead of heals). maybe that will be able to ignore magic immunity.

I highly recommend getting familiar with triggers. they give you much more freedom in what you can do, and are much simpler than they seem. (maybe you know how to use them and just rather not for other reasons, if so - my bad...)

Level 3
try using the ability from healing ward/fountain and giving it negative values (so it damages instead of heals). maybe that will be able to ignore magic immunity.

I highly recommend getting familiar with triggers. they give you much more freedom in what you can do, and are much simpler than they seem. (maybe you know how to use them and just rather not for other reasons, if so - my bad...)
Holy Crap!
I cound't think of that way! Thank you so much.
Through that healing ward way, it now works fine !
i gotta learn how to deal with triggers though

Again, thanks a lot!

Status
Not open for further replies.