• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Preload file overwrite problem

Level 1
Hello guys, I have recently start working with Lua and map editing. And while I was checking out Preload, I have realize overwriting a file is working but re-read it without leaving the game did nothing. It still reads the old version. Is there some sort of cache mechanism exists or am I doing something wrong? I have checked TriggerHappy's save load system( Codeless Save and Load (Multiplayer) - v3.0.1 ) and same problem was there as well. I have saved on a empty slot then changed my character and saved again on the same slot. I have checked the file on my PC and it has changed, but when I load the character again, first version of the saved character loaded. Someone has any idea to fix this issue? Thank you very much for reading.

TLDR: Overwrite with Preload file is working but reading that new file is not working, it still read old file.
Note: I done all these things in latest patch version.

Bribe

Code Moderator
Level 50
Hello guys, I have recently start working with Lua and map editing. And while I was checking out Preload, I have realize overwriting a file is working but re-read it without leaving the game did nothing. It still reads the old version. Is there some sort of cache mechanism exists or am I doing something wrong? I have checked TriggerHappy's save load system( Codeless Save and Load (Multiplayer) - v3.0.1 ) and same problem was there as well. I have saved on a empty slot then changed my character and saved again on the same slot. I have checked the file on my PC and it has changed, but when I load the character again, first version of the saved character loaded. Someone has any idea to fix this issue? Thank you very much for reading.

TLDR: Overwrite with Preload file is working but reading that new file is not working, it still read old file.
Note: I done all these things in latest patch version.
Yeah, unfortunately this is an issue that affects everyone with the latest patch. Only workaround is to quit the game and relaunch I think. @TriggerHappy