• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Preload always load old file data

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 24
Any map using the Preload natives now have a major error to contend with.
The Preload data appears to be cached, meaning that if you save over that data and load it in another game of the same map, it will instead load the old data from the previous game.
Meaning you have to restart your Client between every game to save data using maps that use codeless save/load systems.

Oh, and water textures on buildings and water elementals are still broken despite a ton of reports.

Level 14
It's impossible to get around.
The community as a whole has tried a ton of different methods, but every time it is stopped by the Caching system.

At this point, it might be advisable to make your map actually crash every player's client to force them to restart.

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
At this point, it might be advisable to make your map actually crash every player's client to force them to restart.
This will likely cause more harm than good.

A better solution is after every save print a warning message for people that due to a bug with Warcraft III they have to quit to desktop and restart Warcraft III instead of the main menu to avoid potential loss of progress. People can ignore the warning but they have been warned.

Level 14
This will likely cause more harm than good.

A better solution is after every save print a warning message for people that due to a bug with Warcraft III they have to quit to desktop and restart Warcraft III instead of the main menu to avoid potential loss of progress. People can ignore the warning but they have been warned.
This would be great if people actually read information in maps.
And from experience, I can assure you they do not at all read such information.

Level 14
I know a map that spams you constantly with a game mechanic telling you to do something.
If the player refuses to do it for a full minute, it covers 75% of your screen with a massive filter that says
"READ THE GODDAMN TIPS, YOU NOOB"
and will not remove itself until you do said action.
Unfortunately for my map, data is saved quite regularly (about every 5 minutes) but I at least have a discord and a community of people who warn others about the save issue.

Status
Not open for further replies.