• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Power Lich

A model I made some time ago, decided to finalize and upload it... Enjoy, icon avalabile as well, and leave credits.

Keywords:
Lich, dead, death, undead, undeath, skeleton, armored, power lich, wraith
Contents

Power Lich (Model)

Reviews
[APPROVED] 5/5 Very creative use of ingame skins, looks really good. Personal favorite of yours. --donut3.5--
Level 14
@Hermit @SonsOfSami can you guys make this model show in 1.31.1?
Same as Hermit, I have version 1.29, so I can't pinpoint the problem.

I assume it is a change in the texture paths in 1.31.1, maybe you could find the textures used by the model in the CASC and see if their paths match the ones used in the model.
You could use War3 Model Editor 's texture manager to find which textures the model use.

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer
Level 69
You could use War3 Model Editor 's texture manager to find which textures the model use.
It says I need dx9.dll, lol. I'm trying to figure out how to see those paths in Retera's Model Studio. The model shows in there by the way.

OK, these are the used textures:
powerlichusedtextures.png

@FeelsGoodMan OK done. Had to remove one texture which did not load.

Attachments

• PowerLichReteraStudioEdit.mdx
    71.8 KB · Views: 35
Last edited:
Same as Hermit, I have version 1.29, so I can't pinpoint the problem.

I assume it is a change in the texture paths in 1.31.1, maybe you could find the textures used by the model in the CASC and see if their paths match the ones used in the model.

UI/Glues/MainMenu/MainMenu3d_exp/Chains_silver_mip1.blp
Changed to
UI/Glues/MainMenu/MainMenu3d_exp/chains_silver.blp

No idea how to change this though.

Level 14
No idea how to change this though.
- Use Mdlvis or Retera's Model Studio (I don't know how to use the model studio though)
- Click on Modules, then select UV map editor
- Open the texture list and select the UI/Glues/MainMenu/MainMenu3d_exp/Chains_silver_mip1.blp
- Change it to UI/Glues/MainMenu/MainMenu3d_exp/chains_silver.blp
Here you go.

Attachments

• PowerLichEdit.mdx
    72.2 KB · Views: 23