• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Possible to use multiple imported skins?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
Hi, i have custom model (300kb) and 6 different skins (30kb per one)
Is it possible to use 6 different skined models with that ? (using only 1 model)
(cos 300kb x 6 = 1,8 mb and i dun want so big map file size)

Level 6
idk oh the model skin thing really works but if it is just different skins for the same model why would it be 300kb x 6 = 1,8 mb

wouldn't it be (30 x 6) + 300 = 480 kb since you are using the same model and just changing the skin it uses?

Level 6
i have never done it but i think you can use one modle and just switch between the 6 skins

Level 7
From my model knowledge you can't alternate through skins using a single model. You will have to duplicate the model and repath the skin for each one.

As you said this gives you a big map size but I don't know of a better way.

Level 7
Oh. Well, it seems it is possible... cool :grin:

I wasn't thinking about doing it with an ability though. If you want, for example, multiple units with the same model and different skins, you'll have to trigger the skin change to your desired skin whenever a unit is created. Bothersome, but hey.

Status
Not open for further replies.