• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Portals! anouncing project(which i hope to finnish)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
The map will be somekind of hero arena (minimap). The battling system is pretty much skill/timing based. Inspired by this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TluRVBhmf8w iv created 30% ready system of portal gun.

So this is what you can do in the map:
- Shoot some spells trought portal.
- Teleport incoming spells away trought portal.
- Teleport units trought portal.
- Block some spells with spells (collision, inspired by warlocks map)

The system uses 2 portal guns. Each can create own portal and you can teleport things between them. There will be more info later, but I got many ideas that i have to test.

The biggest problem is atm that the teleporting needs somekind of cooldown so it wont go buggy.

So Feel free to post ideas and feedback about the idea (alltought working with my own ideas should take good amount of time)

*Spoiler pick* showing that i have done something

Attachments

• portalsystem.JPG
    portalsystem.JPG
    103.5 KB · Views: 217
Last edited:
Level 4
Hmm, I got interested when I read this. So I begun to create a portalsystem. And now Im done. And it almost works perfect. Uses 3 triggers. :)

Wana share it with me? My system is works like this (when its ready):

you shoot somekind of bolt thgat travels certain range (the range can be changed) and creates portal to where it goes. It also creates portal if the bolt is hit to unit.

and as said before. there are 2 guns/abilities witch creates the portals (might try to convert it to just one).

Level 4
I have tried to make a map like that, but I just couldn't do that. :S

Well its pretty hard indeed. im having trouble to get it be mui and let spells go trought, but its possible.

I hope it will turn out cool system. Is there anyway to record the thing to video? I could show my progress when it gets a bit better.

Level 4
Iv created somewhat working system now. It still doesnt work 100% like i want it to work but its pretty good. So im showing spoiler picture (which probly wont tell much).

But here is summary what is done:
+ Creating portal by missilie hitting unit or it decays.
+ Teleportin system (will tele max every 3seconds, not periodic.)
What needs to be done:
- Fix few leaks
- Improve the system
- Make spells go trought better

Added spoiler pic to first post!

Level 13
Postin 3 rars that show something about the system. The videos are windows media player files when you open them (because filesize). Anyways pls suggestions/feedback/first impressions.

Attachments

• War3 2008-06-05 21-15-06-81.rar
    15 MB · Views: 60
  • War3 2008-06-05 21-16-48-84.rar
    13.4 MB · Views: 47
  • War3 2008-06-05 21-17-01-67.rar
    9.2 MB · Views: 69
Level 4
dude what are you trying to say when you type throught? or trought or whatever cause i dont understand if your trying to say:

"through out"

"Through"

"thought"
or something so can you please spell it properly.......

enless.. trought/throught is a word?

Level 17
I don't know if a P0rtal game could be fun in Warcraft 3 environment or not. If it would be just a P0rtal-conversion it would be boring like .. something what's really boring. Well, I believe a dodge-ball-like P0rtal or something fast paced multiplayer map could be nice.

Sorry I couldn't stand this:
enless is written as unless
"through out" is written as throughout
You start sentences with Capital letters.
When you address someone you write a comma "," after his/her name.
(sorry for ENlightening you :p)

Level 13
I don't know if a P0rtal game could be fun in Warcraft 3 environment or not. If it would be just a P0rtal-conversion it would be boring like .. something what's really boring. Well, I believe a dodge-ball-like P0rtal or something fast paced multiplayer map could be nice.

Sorry I couldn't stand this:
enless is written as unless
"through out" is written as throughout
You start sentences with Capital letters.
When you address someone you write a comma "," after his/her name.
(sorry for ENlightening you :p)

Ít is sort of aos map. With many differend things you can do with portals. ¨

and dont go off topic people.

Status
Not open for further replies.