• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Portal spell

This bundle is marked as useful / simple. Simplicity is bliss, low effort and/or may contain minor bugs.
2 Spells : Portal[1] and Portal[2]. Use them to spawn the Portals and then you can teleport from one to the other.

I made this spell

give credit if you use it in your map

Keywords:
Portal, spell, Portal spell
Contents

Portal Spell (Map)

Reviews
14:01, 16th Nov 2010 TriggerHappy: Please read the rules before submitting a spell.

M

14:01, 16th Nov 2010
TriggerHappy:

Please read the rules before submitting a spell.

Level 16
Moin moin =)

== My personal vote: REJECTION [0/5] ==

Ok after downloading I just looked at the trigger editor and I don't need to test it actually because:

1) Spell isn't MPI nor it's MUI. This means, if this spell is casted more then 1 time at the same time, it will be buggy.

2) Also it isn't recommended to use wait times, because MUI will fail and it will be buggy!

3) Is this even a spell? Never saw a spell with only events like "Unit - A unit enters (Playable map area)"

4) The leaks: First of all I don't know but is the event a leak? I think yes. Second don't use (entering unit), use (triggering unit)

5) When I test it and cast portal 2 and directly portal 1 then the animation played for 1 second and then the portal is in stand animation. This looks bad, also both portals should be face 270, but when I test it only one portal face 270.

6) Yes it's to simple and I can't see any use for this, like it's now.

=== So what we got ===
Sorry, but rejection. This spell is too simple, has leaks, isn't MPI nor MUI and is buggy. You must completely rework this spell, without these bug points and with more stuff, so it isn't just create portal, move in, move out.

NOTE: My review is nothing against the spell creator nor against the spell. But I think, there are to many points FOR NOW, that I can't say this is a good spell. Maybe you change it and when you do and I see any progress, I will review it!

Greetings and Peace
Dr. Boom

Level 3
This Spell has already been made at:
Custom Hero Footies 3.2a and 3.2b:ogre_icwydt:
You should not take credit for it because you made new triggers (which don't funtion MPI neither MUI)

As Dr. Boom said as of now (and according to me it's spell steal) and forever it's rejected

This Spell has already been made at:
Custom Hero Footies 3.2a and 3.2b:ogre_icwydt:
You should not take credit for it because you made new triggers (which don't funtion MPI neither MUI)

As Dr. Boom said as of now (and according to me it's spell steal) and forever it's rejected

if he created it, then its his, even if it has been made before...

anyway, this is not really a spell nor a system... its a simple TRIGGER, so?

I VOTE FOR REJECTION

Level 3
don't just create a spell that you know it will be rejected
also ...
check if such a spell already exists
and
Learn how to use MUI