• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Minigame] Pool

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
Pool
Hello, do you sometimes stand up from the computer and go to a local pub?
And do you sometimes play the pool there?
Is that the main reason you go there?
If your answer was triple yes, than I have good news for you.
You can stay at home in front of your beloved WC3 as I bring you the pool game made whole in WC3 Editor

You can move the Cue anywhere you want.

When you cast the ability Strike, the White ball is hit by lighting and knockbacked, colliding with other balls, like in normal pool.

The angel of the knockback is from the Cue to the White ball.

There are to possibilities to set the strenght of the knockback. The strength increases with the distance between the Cue and the White ball when you cast the Strike ability. The other way (for example when there is not enough space) is to write -sf xxxxx (xxxxx should be a number and it means the force of the knockback). Strike force set via -sf will override the distance based force. The max number is 20000, if you enter higher, it will be changed to 20000. If you enter 0 or lower, the distance based force will be used.

At the start, it is not decided, which Balls are whose. When any player sinks the first ball in the game, all the Balls of the same color become his and all the others apart from the White and the Black ball become owned by his opponent.

After any ball apart from the White and the Black one is sunk, if a player strikes the white ball and it hits no other ball during its travel, the player has made a foul. His opponent plays two times.

If a player strikes the White ball and it hits enemy's ball first than his own, he made a foul and his turn ends. Opponent has two strikes next time.

If a player sinks the White ball, he made a foul. His opponent plays two times and he can place the White ball anywhere he wants.

If a player sinks all the balls of his colour, he has to sink the Black ball to the hole opposite to the one he sunk his last ball into.

If a player sinks the Black ball in any other way than stated above, he loses the game.
I am aware of some bugs as this is still only a beta version, but if you find anything not working, please contact me here or via email [email protected]

To turn the pool on ingame, write -pool if you are playing via LAN with another player or "-pool sp" to run the game localy. To exit the game enter -exitpool, you can also use -repool to restart the game, but it is currently buggy. Only red player can enter the commandes

The aim of this game, apart from fun, is to promote my knockback system so if you like the way how the balls bounce, feel free to check the whole knockback system too
attachment.php

Attachments

• wc3scrnshot_040614_114114_01.jpg
    wc3scrnshot_040614_114114_01.jpg
    180.5 KB · Views: 271
  • Pool.w3x
    118.2 KB · Views: 57
Last edited:
Level 4
well, actually it is in the same map, but I will rename it to be more clear

Status
Not open for further replies.