• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Pony Models

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 5
I'm back, HOORAY!

I would like to start a project for an MLP:FiM Map, but I need models (Y U NO ALREADY HAVE?), I'll probably need loads... So I made a list:

• Applejack
  • Rainbow Dash
  • Twilight Sparkle
  • Pinkie Pie
  • Fluttershy
  • Rarity
  • Luna (As of series 2 episode 4)
  • Celestia
  • Royal Gaurds?

Whoa, that's loads...
And here's the animations needed:

• Walk
  • Stand
  • Spells (Unicorns only)
  • Alternate Flying Animations (Alicorns and Pegasi)
  • Attack Animations
  • and anything else you see worthwhile...

For pics, the first 6 ponies were posted in post #6, so look there...
And the others will be found.

Thanks...

Last edited:
Level 19
174866-albums3028-picture52484.png

Level 19
Last edited by a moderator:
Level 5
Guys, chillax, maybe he was just trying to be funny :)
No problemo. Ooooh icons, I'm exited to see the results :)

1. No, he wasn't trying to be funny, he does that everywhere, and its really annoying.

2.Icons are simply some from here resized, bordered and converted to blp. I think they look quite good... Try the one attached.

Attachments

• BTNAppleJack.blp
    4.6 KB · Views: 381
  • DISBTNAppleJack.blp
    6.2 KB · Views: 266
Level 19
2.Icons are simply some from here resized, bordered and converted to blp. I think they look quite good... Try the one attached.

Hmmm, but they can't be uploaded to the site then :l
Anyways, I've hated my avatar for a long time now and I think it's about time I change it, so why not use a pic of my favourite pony instead? Thanks for linking to these icons :b

I said that because you can use instead a pack of uibersplats and triggers for changing ubersplats when unit animates
And if you needs 3d models hair animation will be very hard

I'm not experienced with modeling at all, but I'm pretty sure all models are 3D dude :b

Level 9
Indeed, I was being sarcastic...

Wow, sarcastic is creating another thread about Pony maps.

I said that because you can use instead a pack of uibersplats and triggers for changing ubersplats when unit animates
And if you needs 3d models hair animation will be very hard

noob, why would we go in all that trouble to trigger and import a gigantic number of ubersplats if we could just include them in the models?

Last edited:
Level 14
Just because a pony model would be very huge because animating hair,tail and four legs is more complex and if you make a pony map it will not probably be a map where ponys fends off armies of zoumbies in the dark complex of biologic pony study laboratory.
They will need face animations.And emotions.So having thoses models would make you map too huge for beeing multiplayer.

Level 9
Just because a pony model would be very huge because animating hair,tail and four legs is more complex and if you make a pony map it will not probably be a map where ponys fends off armies of zoumbies in the dark complex of biologic pony study laboratory.
They will need face animations.And emotions.

1. this is warcraft, we don't need to animate them too much, and I doubt that a pony model is too cartoonish to have high polys and get a big size.
2. Nice idea bro, it will probably be a map like that
3. They don't need face animations and emotions, herd of Pyritie's Adventure? And dont forget that the game we're making the map in is Warcraft.

Level 14
so why not use an ordinary horse model find an wing attachement and a blade who looks like an horn and use colorations for making the characters or make them yourselves
(no one exept a mad men will make a pony model for only one map)

Deleted member 177737

D

Deleted member 177737

I support the making of pony models. (Why don't we already have them srlsy? lol)

Level 22
How about using READY pony models for which I have permission anyone to use them or modify them? The models aren't very decent plus they need a mouth but they are 'fine'. and not high poly M3 format is just 56KB. They look like this:

5567r+%25281%2529.jpg

From these I have my Fluttershy for SC2 currently I have her in max and M3 format, I've some icons for her, in DDS format for hero icon and unit icon/wireframe. So I could share these, one could modify them and turn into war3 icons.

So that's the model I have, just needs to be animated and there you go Fluttershy will be rdy. And that unanimated model is biting the dust on my PC waiting for an animator. Though there are more decent models but they will be too high poly for war3 and their author would require his permission. Though I intend to use one of them in the future in the place of the current meh models.

Level 5
Take that pony shit back to 4chan where I don't have to see it.

Or, you could just not look at it...

How about using READY pony models for which I have permission anyone to use them or modify them? The models aren't very decent plus they need a mouth but they are 'fine'. and not high poly M3 format is just 56KB.

We'll still need someone to modify them to work, and I can't do that... So we still need help

u guys know they will need some abilities.

We'll think about that once we have models that work and are up to scratch (Have all the anims, a portrait etc) Plus that can't go in this thread anyway, 'cause it would be off topic...

Status
Not open for further replies.