• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Poll - Micromanage or Automanage?

As a gamer, do you like to micromanage?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 12
Hi guys I'm surveying gamers' preference on unit control, whether they like it automanaged or micromanaged.

Automanaged - Unit control which an AI controls it for you, all you need to control is your hero.

Micomanaged - Unit control which you have to manually control alongside controlling your hero.

This survey will lead into my conclusion in deciding which configuration is best for my Hero Arena map project. Therefore, please consider this survey in a proper manner, and if you have any questions let me know.

Level 22
Heck yes ofc micro managemenet. I would say - a player should be micromanaging. But there is smth that needs to be fixed - war3 units have the dumbest AI ever... You make it go away, if there is no space behind it goes straight into the enemy, hero wants to escape? It's blocked b-n your own units, you have to move like all units for a signle unit to get away or they do some jerky motions... My point: movement should be fixed as in AI where they would go as far away as possible from the enemy when looking for a way back. Mb war3 needs a whole retreat button that makes the unit go away from the enemy units.

Level 12
Yes thats the problem I'm facing as the AI I've made is rather stupid, and it becomes a waste of gold to purchase an AI bodyguard.

Secondly, I'm sure you all reckon with Vexorian's Independet Summons system, which I used in this case to attach the bodyguard with the owner (hero) - I'm quite sure that it causes lags when it is done for massive units.

So far micromanage is a win, I'm still waiting before the poll ends :D

Status
Not open for further replies.