• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

AI or computer player controls units that have locust ability.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 20
I don't know if it is a bug and I would like to report this because it causes us trouble in creating an AI map especially when the AI or computer player is working with dummy units...

Dummy units have locust ability which means they are designed to be uncontrollable by the user. Human players cannot control them but why the computer players can?

I also know that we have remedies for this one but it is not convenient to do them unless there's a reliable fix for it.

You can check on these threads:
[General] - AI controls locust unit
Dummy Units for Computer Players get unwanted orders
[Help] Not allow the computer to use the dummy units (for spells)
Dummies Ignoring Orders when owned by Computer
[Trigger] - Triggerred Spell Works... except when a computer uses it?
[AI] - AI Computer Players can't execute a spell properly with dummy

To be more specific,
- AI sometimes can manipulate the locust swarm ability's units.
* I've already encountered this on melee games where the Crypt Lord uses it.

- AI interrupts the casting of a dummy unit.
* It seems that they are ordering it to move or stop.

- AI can mess your dummy unit's abilities especially autocasts (ex. Bloodlust)
* It seems that they are using it based on their given AI tactical orders and ignores/breaks my triggered order.

etc...

In other words, I want the AI to completely disable its FULL control to their owned units that have locust ability so it will not cause those problems that are stated from above.

I'm hoping for this to be acknowledged somehow (although it's been a decade tho) and looking forward to be fixed on the newer patches =)

Last edited:
Level 5
Yes. And there's no way to turn it off if a player slot was assigned to computer before game starts. Even kicking the computer player off the game won't help. Computers' autocasting is driving me crazy!!!!!

btw, computers don't know what a dummy unit is. They will treat all their units equal.

Level 14
I find the best way to stop this is to assign all dummies to be owned by Neutral Passive. That particular AI slot never issues orders or overrides what you tell the dummies to do via trigger.

This does mean however that any damage sources from the dummy will be assigned to a Neutral Passive caster, so you need to make sure that the associated spells have the "Neutral" target allowed, and any sources of damage are attributed to the caster, not the dummy.

Status
Not open for further replies.