• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[General] AI controls locust unit

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 16
I just discovered recently that AIs can control any units of their own, with or without Locust. Dummies belonging to computer players will not follow your orders, locusts can be controlled, etc. If you want to prevent it, the only way is triggering the spell and assign the locusts' ownership to Neutral. This is not recommended at all since it is time-consuming and not worth it tbh.

[K40$]-Spectre;2360802 said:
Thanks for the comments. I am going to try the suggestions out. +rep

-edit, I think I am going to make a new locust ability + unit for the AI too, that is more restricted in movement etc. to compensate for the AI full control.

Erm... I've just found that you can't get access to the locust ability to copy it and stuff. On the trigger side, you can't find locust at 'level of ability for unit'

So you can set the locust unit's 'Damage number of dice' to 0 to remove attack ability so computers won't control what they can't use. You can also make a dummy locust ability and give every locust unit the dummy ability as well if you wan't to identifi if the unit is locust or not.

Level 17
Erm... I've just found that you can't get access to the locust ability to copy it and stuff. On the trigger side, you can't find locust at 'level of ability for unit'

So you can set the locust unit's 'Damage number of dice' to 0 to remove attack ability so computers won't control what they can't use. You can also make a dummy locust ability and give every locust unit the dummy ability as well if you wan't to identifi if the unit is locust or not.
, I have just gave the AI an other Locust Swarm ability which spawn a different locust unit that has a lower acquisition range & attack range, seems to work good enough. But thanks for the info, I will keep this in mind if I want to improve it futher :).

Level 3
i also have the same problem, when i made a dummy with 2 different ability and that dummy belong to computer. Unexpectedly those dummy can cast that 2 ability even i didn't order that dummy to cast any spell using trigger..

Status
Not open for further replies.