• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Looking for a map

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 1
Hello Hive.

I'm looking for a map I played a few years ago that I recently lost in a computer change. I can't remember the name of it but I can remember a few details.

It was a large map with 20 or so islands, one for each player and a couple creep controlled ones you can take over. It had set spawns every 30 seconds on each player controlled island. Each island had its own unit, so Red's island was footman and Blue's Archers continuing for each player. Players would create transport ships to move their units around the map alongside destroyers for protection. There was a rounded island directly in the center and a larger fortress island in the top right corner which are both controlled by the "Navy/Empire" that attack players. There was a sidequest where if you collect 4 items and bring them to an NPC you are awarded a special "Hero of Legend" or something like that on top of your normal hero. This also triggered the NPC to lead cultists against the center island. There is a Navy/Empire controlled prison that you can break into to free powerful units for your army. The game came with 3 modes that determined how you could ally with other players. Free for all, Conquest and Story(?). In conquest you could ally with anyone for as many allies as you wanted but the sidequests and story triggers were turned off like in free for all. In Story(?) the quests and story triggers are turned on and two players are forcibly allied and they can't break the alliance. The special hero you can get is the enemy of the Admiral or leader of the Navy/Empire and there's a story trigger to have a hero duel against the Admiral on a tower for control of the Navy's large fortress.

Sorry for the wall of text and lack of proper gameplay mechanics. I tried to get into mapmaking a few years ago and failed miserably, so I didn't check the map in the map editor. Hopefully that's enough detail.

Level 3
OMFG. I think I remember this, played it a couple of times with a friend of mine.

For the love of god, can't remember the name either - sadly :(. It's been 4 years..
I'll reply again if I DO remember :p

Status
Not open for further replies.