• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Pokemon RPG

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 1
Hi I just have a few questions about this map.
1. Will it use some-sort of save state?
2. When will a beta map be released, or is it to far to really tell on that one.

I think thats it if theres more ill ask. ^^

Level 16
Ok, where are you guys?
HFR: Where are you?
HC: Where are you? (You did rep me :S)
TDHX: Where are you? Are you terraining now? Cuz otherwise i will send to someone else
Darkxs: Where the Heck are you?
Los: Where are you? (Still on vacation?)
Wazzz: Where the Hell are you? You havent been here for ages!
Zerox: Where are you?

The only one that posts on a regular basis ATM is Zeron!

As you guys seem to take a break, so will I. Thanks for being so active. You cannot guess how happy i am now. Not. Dont expect me to do anything big until i see that you guys are still motivated..

@ Hawky72, as you might see, we are on a break right now, for unknown time. And we will try very hard to make a save-system. Wether it will use GameCache or Save-code

Level 2
I'm still here if it makes you happy! =D
Anyway since you'll probably make a multiplayer map as well wouldn't it be best to use Save-codes?
Don't really know much about gamecaches.

Level 8
woot woot! yeper doodles im still here! and mr 6 post wow hes still here lol!

But ya guys yall need to show.... NOW!!!!!!!!!! ima bout to go on a wrestling trip inm new jersey(i live in florida)AND WHEN i get bak i start a week of footbal camp. luckily i quit base ball sooo its n ot too bad. but i might be scarce for a 1-2 week period.

Level 15
PEOPLE! I am alive. Writing from france, and i will be back in two days. We leave tommoz early, and it takes around 21 hours to drive home, soo...

It will be good to finnaly get back to civilization (no offense, but 80% of the people living in this town is old women with a minimum of 3 cats.

Btw, Yixx, i thought about some system you might like. As we need loads of attacks in the map, and its a hell to just make one, i thought about an attack system. Set up a bunch of variables, and let the system handle the rest. What ya think?

Now, its late here, and i need to be up 5 o' clock tommoz (and i dont wake up before 12 o' clock), so i will say bye. Cya later! Au revoir as they say down here, or auoir as it sounds :p

Hiya! I guess I'm alive!

I had vacation because of the swine flu, so I'm at my hometown. I've been waking up at 2 PM, leaving home at 7 to hang out with some friends that seem to have turned into druggies and arriving back at 7 AM. In the "little freetime", I haven't been in the mood of using the hive...

Once the vacations have ended and I've got back upon my feet again, I'll be more active. Don't freeze the project Yixx... =P

@Lord_of_sausage: rofl ecotourism ftw ... anyhow nice to know you're willing to do such system, yours are always fancy and cool.

Reactions: HFR
Level 15
Yes, Yixx, i am back (been back for 2 two days now (i think, lost track of time :p)).

I just found out, that i won't be able to make anything in world editor the next few days. My version of WC3 at my mom was moved from one computer to another via an Ipod. Now, it works fine, but cannot download (or install) the new 1.24 patch.

You and i will have to wait, till i get to my dad, where i got my copy of WC3, and get the cds from there.

Level 16
I have been thinking of a storage system.
1) Store an integer (in GC to transfer of course) that keeps track of the AMOUNT of pokemons.
2) under "Pokemons"/I2S(i) is an integer that represents a pokemon. 'i' varies from 1 to AMOUNT.
3) under I2S(poke-integer)/"Stat-type" we store the different stats, attacks, and stuff like that..

Sounds good or what?

Level 16
ugh D:,, LoS i expected some more from you! I never worked with GC too but it isnt that hard. You save an integer, real, string, boolean, or whatever under 2 strings. Parent-string, and Child-string (dont know real names so that is what i call them),,
So lets say i save the integer 16 (the amount of PK i have now) under ("Pokemon","Amount").
then under ("Pokemon","1") i save GetHandleId(My Charmender Unit).
and under ("<Handle id of my charmender>","Strength") i save the strength of my charmender,
under ("<Hanlde id of my charmender>","Intellegence") i save the intelegence of my charmender.
Under ("Pokemon","2") i save the Handle ID of my Caterpie. Etc Etc.....

Level 18
im scared to bring up this subject =x

but right now i have the map and so far i have done close to nothing =/ i feel disappointed in myself.

As some of u know ive been working on my terrains and other maps that i am working on....

i dont know anyother way to put this but i think ur bettter off with me not being on the team anymore >.>

Level 6
I am requesting to join the team. I'm a professional pokemon battler and I don't mean have been playing forever. I mean I spend over 5 hours training a single pokemon then use it for official wifi tournaments.
I can provide helpful Movesets, what pokes have better stats in, type effectiveness, Items, etc.

im scared to bring up this subject =x

but right now i have the map and so far i have done close to nothing =/ i feel disappointed in myself.

As some of u know ive been working on my terrains and other maps that i am working on....

i dont know anyother way to put this but i think ur bettter off with me not being on the team anymore >.>

I think that since the project's badly ill I must say this. We got a bunch of useless people on the team. I don't mean to be arrogant, but...

HFR is the spam master, did some UTM terrains to his showcase, and criticized arrogantly others' works.
Wazzz never shows up and he would only 'manage' the project's
early concept, then acquired the position of official joker, faking funny PM's.
TDHX is a pseudo-terrainer that never did anything at all, except for the few times that he lost the little progress (occasionally, whether his mother would accidentally set his computer on fire, or his evil little sister would delete the map).
LoS did some systems and gave right opinions, but his work wasn't implemented fully, I guess.
Darkxs played WoW for us.
Zeron was active when I wasn't, so I don't know.
Zerox stole Darkxs' job and haunted the thread.

HappyCockroach was dumb enough to believe that he was going to create a shitstorm of 150 models and didn't bother to finish even 10, not to mention the motivation bipolarity.

Yixx did the map alone, I suppose. But he's way too nice and never rejected help from other people, which never really came.

Overall, I love you all.

I am requesting to join the team.

Don't.

Level 17
Actually, i think that HappyCockroach is right in the most cases : /
I like the subject and what you guys are trying to do.
But nothing happens and if nothing happens to the team soon, the project will die.
Many members but no progress as of what i know. With that big team, you should have been able to do some public beta, it have been like forever now.
I tried to do a pokemon map myself before, but it was not a good idea.
Too many pokemons, all the spells, triggering opponent AI's and such things.

Level 16
I have been thinking, and thinking. And i read HC's post, and thought again, and thought again.
TDHX is leaving, Darkxs is going to Private school (i have had contact with him), Wazzz is just dead, while is still on msn, HFR is spamming, and doing some work occasionally, Zeron is doing some Job and doing nothing for the rest, Zerox never showed up, LoS has been on vacation but already left the team before that, practically, HC has done an awesome job but becomen lazy by then. And Yixx is the most lazy of all. I rewrote a system in Jass, i rewrote an other system, i CnP'd Pokémons mechanics and i started a thread, that is all.

I think i am going to disappoint loads of people now, but i declare this project DEAD

DEAD

PM me for more info, but dont expect any more info as i am lazy.
Have a good life, dont eat too much, get yourself laid occasionally, be nice to each other, and help people once in a while.

-Yixx,,- the lazy ass wigger,,

(I will request to close this.)

TDHX: Could you PM me the current terrain? As i would like to know how far we actually were,,,,,,,

Status
Not open for further replies.