1. Find your way through the deepest dungeon in the 18th Mini Mapping Contest Poll.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. A brave new world lies beyond the seven seas. Join the 34th Modeling Contest today!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Hive 3 Remoosed BETA - NOW LIVE. Go check it out at BETA Hive Workshop! Post your feedback in this new forum BETA Feedback.
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

Pokemon RPG

Discussion in 'Map Development' started by Yixx, Feb 7, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Discipline

Discipline

Resources:
    Icons:
    Resources:
    not that rly anyone cared too much (lol) this was my other walkable arena doodad -

View attachment 52469

I just thought it'd be a kinda cool idea but everyone's keen on the doodad's so I haven't bothered to finish it.

Last edited: May 18, 2009
  2. Wazzz

Wazzz

Resources:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Looks pretty awesome, actually, I got to say. I'm concerned for the overall filesize (naturally), but hopefully Vix's Optimizer will help out with that age-old problem :D

However, the thing that gets me is that when would you use it? Would it be specifically for Elite Four battles? Or Gym Leaders as well? Cause it certainly wouldn't be good for the random battles where you might be on dirt or grass or whatever :p

I think if we were to use this, it would be for that Stadium thing (or even just for the Multi-player aspect... now there's an idea! :D).

3. Discipline

Discipline

Resources:
    Icons:
    Resources:
    well its got 5 textures including the pathing texture, and only the brick texture on the circle is big (120kb :O).... but minus that 1 texture its under 45kb all up... i guess i could replace the brick texture with a smaller one (coz i only smashed it together quickly) but this model aint that good, just a quickie i did the other day. I'm sure if you want to use the idea happy cockroach could make something better

4. Wazzz

Wazzz

Resources:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Hm... for a quickie, it sure is fair awesome :D

Now, I figure HappyCockroach has a shitload on his plate already, and I don't see why this model would need fixing. Perhaps you could replace the textures with ingame ones (just to reduce filesize and see what else is available ingame), but apart from that idea, it seems perfect to me :D

5. HappyCockroach

HappyCockroach

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    you could add some layers to the material with modulate or additive filter (or any other), so you use only in-game textures and a plain red and white texture.
    the current filesize is unnacceptable

6. Discipline

Discipline

Resources:
    Icons:
    Resources:
    That's what I've already done (hence the 5 textures, brick, red, white, transparent and pathing), except that I don't know if there is an ingame texture that would be large enough to cover the area of the circle without being overly stretched and looking horrid. I'll look into it

7. HFR

HFR

Resources:
    Packs:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    After 1 day... I'm back!

More quests, and I'll try to stay in the game limits...

Oh My God! Your rival's pokemons were stolen! In needs for an good battle, you have to rescue them now!

Quest: Why I have to do this?

Objective: An mad assistant kidnapped your Rival's pokemons! Defeat him and retrieve the lil' animals, as you're in a hurry for good and challenging battles.

8. Wazzz

Wazzz

Resources:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Change the Quest name to something else, perhaps something like 'New Friends'

Perhaps change the motive to being out of the good for the Pokemon in general, not out of a selfish act as I want challenging battles (remember, we must at least pretend the character is Pokemon savvy :p).

Not a bad idea at all, an awesome twist indeed :D

9. HFR

HFR

Resources:
    Packs:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Well, I don't like an character like Ash, that's like an stupid boy who only wants to think in the others. Our trainer must have an Dark side...

Daa daaa daaa dada daaadaa daa...

It's the Imperial music...

Also, Yixx, I'm too lazy to put all my quests in an text file, just copy them... And now I want to be the Quester or Quest Giver xD

Last edited: Apr 17, 2009
  10. Wazzz

Wazzz

Resources:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    You can be the Pet HFR or the Rent Boy, but I'm not so sure that Quester or Quest Giver would be a great title for you, as you do much more than just that. How about Lead Story Writer (Lead because we all have our input, but you are doing the most for it ATM) as well as our Retreival Hound (which implies that you are also the one who goes out to other sites to check out what they have to offer and what could be useful for us and such)?

11. HFR

HFR

Resources:
    Packs:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Well, with HC here, my searching abilities are pointlessy now... But I liked the third... And I'm not a pet!
    Anyway, I still think that the doesn't have to be the "nicier person" in the world. He can make some "evil" thing sometimes, like cheating...

12. Wazzz

Wazzz

Resources:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Hellz yeah, he can cheat! He could buy something like Steroids and give 'em to his Pokemon!

WTH, how do you even cheat in Pokemon? Lol, it's the simplest game ever! >.<

The primary key of it is that he is focused around the better for Pokemon. But an interesting point would be that you could choose just how good or bad you become... But that would require a LOT of triggering for alternative endings. Like, you could become the leader of Team Anal Beads or just force them to disband. You could become the leader of a Defence Force or go against them entirely. It would take many quests to become leader, but you get my point, I think :p

13. Lord_of_sausage

Lord_of_sausage

Resources:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    In R/B/Y you could cheat to get easy-to-catch level 100 or above pokemons (though when a pokemon leveled higher than 100 gained a level, it lost all levels down to 99.... i had a level 153 hypno D:) and you could get infinite ammounts of an item (infinite rare candys :p)

What is my title going to be? The-guy-who-made-the-systems-and-some-other-random stuff?

14. Wazzz

Wazzz

Resources:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    You can be one of many titles. Here's a composite list for you to choose from:
    Trigger-er Dude
    System Sista
    GUI Guy
    Jass Jackass
    The BALL CRUSHER
    Batman
    Lead Triggerer
    Nautious Nerd
    Anal Abomination

If I think of any more, I'll post them on here. Choose any one, or even multiple titles.

15. Lord_of_sausage

Lord_of_sausage

Resources:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    i think The BALL CRUSHER or Anal Abomination is just me :D

maybe we should forget theese title things, Wacky Wazzz

16. Wazzz

Wazzz

Resources:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Ludicrous Lord_of_Sausage has spoken! Title things must be forgotten! Or should they?

HFR could be the Stealthy Stalker or the Obese Octapus. Or maybe just Lead Story Writer :p

We'll put you down as Programming for now :)

17. HFR

HFR

Resources:
    Packs:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    I prefer the first, as I'm not obese! I'm a lil' Cuby!!!

18. Wazzz

Wazzz

Resources:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Right. A lil' Cuby with a serious weight problem.

Stealthy Stalker, you have many hands, like an Octopus, and cover so much area, as if you are Obese >.<

LOL!

19. Lord_of_sausage

Lord_of_sausage

Resources:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    We are getting a little offensive here. Lets stop while its fun, so we wont end with someone getting mad and start flaming at each other, and then it ends with someon leaving the team....

20. varsaigen

varsaigen

Resources:
    Models:
    Resources:
    yes... that did seem rather offensive... >_>

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.