• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Pokemon RPG

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
Don't get the wrong idea with what I was on about there before Wazzz, I was throwing around some ideas rather than making actual suggestions. Heck, I could go wild with some ideas for the names for the towns and cities, but I just wanted to ensure people were in tune with the train of thought needed for the names, it was just some advice to take on board, that's all.

That said, if what I suggested is being done regardless then what I said is a tad irrelevant.

Give me a shout though if help with the characterisation of the leaders and all that sort of thing is needed though, I should be around to help. That's what I'm here for after all. ;)

Level 18
cool ill be on the team.

i like pokemon lol.

but umm about the terrain schedule thing, sometimes im really busy, but i think if we were to play tag with the map, you should give me 4 days with the map. Id get more done and if i miss a day at my computer i can do it another day.

the last concern i have is the layout of the map. do you want me to create the places as i go, or do you want me to follow a strict layout of where everything needs to be ?

here is another idea : i noticed in every pokemon game that the citys are named after colors. Maybe if i get a hand on a crayon box, i can start naming names lol.

i know that in Red and blue version, there was pallet town (kinda the entire array of colors ) , Fushia city ! ( pinkish color lol ), veridian !!! ( i think thats a type of green )

then in gold and silver there was goldenrod ( a type of bright gold ) then cinnabar island ( a redish brown color )

so maybe get a crayon box ( the one with 512 colors :p )

Level 35
Ace Trainer? I've never heard of that one before lol. Perhaps it could be a new one? Hm... I think more Dragon Trainers would be cool, perhaps a challenge for the player? We could try inventing some different trainer types, too. For example, we could have some kind of trainer that likes Steel type pokemon, perhaps a Worker or a Smelter?

I totally agree, deathhunter, I too cannot wait for this map to be complete. It's going to be big, so we won't be able to play it for a while, but I think that most fans would agree that it's better to wait for a better product than get a rushed job sooner. The scale of this project is pretty huge, so it will hopefully have a high level of playability to it XD.

I'm going to say it. I love this project. Pokemon was a classic, and by making this project the way we intend to we'd actually be making a salute to Pokemon. Let's make 'em proud, boys!

Oh, and as for the colours for the names, I'd have to agree with getting a box of crayons lol. I mean, the first town is Pallet, almost saying that the rest of the towns are just different paint colours based off this root. Also, all the professors are named after a tree, so what shall we call the new one? Perhaps we could call him Professor Beech or something? Lol, sounds different :p.

Let's call a town Auburn Town. The trainer there could have Bug Pokemon and it could be a peaceful place.

Level 16
I already got a name for the Prof ^^
Professor Spruce,,
As for the names: Colors are cool =D,,
And the terrain: I had in mind some things myself, but at a point i will be out of ideas,
That is when the terrainers can start, first make the things that i made nice, very nice,,
And after that do whatever with the terrain what you want, only the citys are to be untouched,, They are mine! >=D

Level 15
Sounds kinda cool, but having one large campaign in the singleplayer would be cooler... That way, there could be many more "arenas" and such. You decide, though.

Also, i would like to join the team :D Not sure as what, tough. Can do pretty much everything (Not models or icons).
I have played through all of the Pokemon games (Not "yellow", though... or the new ones).
I am full of ideas, and this seems to get pretty cool :p.

So, whatever you may need, then im here :p

PS: Of all of the current jobs, i think Triggering is the one i would do best in :D

Level 16
Update:
thedeathhunterXX has joined the team! His job will be terraining!
Lord_of_Sausage has joined the team! Hiw job will be Other help and Triggering!

Oh, at request of thedeathhunterXX, the worktime for terrainers has been increased to 3 days, since 2 days is too short, and 4 days is in my opinion quite long,,
(Is 3 days ok?)

Level 16
Well, when you want to do triggering, i got some easy stuff for you,,
Since you know about blue and red pokémon games, you can trigger the attacks,,
I have done only 2 so far,,
They dont need to be MUI, not even MPI, just leakless, GUI preferably,,
I got absorb and tackle,,
Can you make that without the map?
Oh, they need no event, not even a condition, and they NEED 1 variable at least: Attacker, and if needed one for Target, even the variables are not needed for the attack, they are needed for the system to work,,

Thanks!:grin:

-Yixx,,-

Level 16
Well, i kinda changed the thing:
(Only a little bit)
You should look at the creep attacks
That is what it should look like: No event, no conditions, and variables for Attacker and Target

HFR

HFR

Level 22
Ace Trainer? I've never heard of that one before lol. Perhaps it could be a new one? Hm... I think more Dragon Trainers would be cool, perhaps a challenge for the player? We could try inventing some different trainer types, too. For example, we could have some kind of trainer that likes Steel type pokemon, perhaps a Worker or a Smelter?

Well, to everyone knows here are an small list of trainers types:

Ace Trainers are trainers that have different kind of pokemons (like fire, rock, flying) into one team.

Roughnecks are poison type trainers.

Bug Catchers use insect-like pokemon that generally are weak.

Fisherman They use fish pokemon (lol). Every pokemon game has an Fisherman with 6 weak Magikarps.

Pokefan usually, they use rare pokemon.

Psychic Trainers They use psychic pokemon (another lol).

Rich Boy Trainers that give great amounts of money when defeated, they like normal pokemon.

Aroma Lady Generally they use grass and poison pokemon that resembles flowers, like Sunflora and Roselia.

Pokemon Breeder They use pre-evolution pokemons.

HFR

HFR

Level 22
Maybe we gonna have one, and maybe hiding into an cave.

PS:an little off topic, but you know where can I find and crossbow attachment? Thanks in advance!

Enough of off-topicness. Well, almost every pokemon game has an super powerful trainer with level 70-80 pokemon. Maybe our buffed trainer will have lv 90-100 pokemon, it's according to the duration of the game.

Level 16
I have been thinking about the movement, but since the terrain wont be as square as the Pokémon games,, and very detailed, if possible, (that is answer to your question thedeathhunterxx) i think im gonna make it normal warcraftwalking,,

Oh, and i think the first pokémon you get will be lvl 2, the first Gym will have 7-9 lvl Pokémon, so we stay a little low during the game,, And hopefully that way we will be able to have 3 worlds ( i think 4 will be waaayy too impossible, only if there are more then 100 lvls)

-Yixx,,-

P.S. Zerox, thank you!:grin:

Level 15
Well, to everyone knows here are an small list of trainers types:

Ace Trainers are trainers that have different kind of pokemons (like fire, rock, flying) into one team.

Roughnecks are poison type trainers.

Bug Catchers use insect-like pokemon that generally are weak.

Fisherman They use fish pokemon (lol). Every pokemon game has an Fisherman with 6 weak Magikarps.

Pokefan usually, they use rare pokemon.

Psychic Trainers They use psychic pokemon (another lol).

Rich Boy Trainers that give great amounts of money when defeated, they like normal pokemon.

Aroma Lady Generally they use grass and poison pokemon that resembles flowers, like Sunflora and Roselia.

Pokemon Breeder They use pre-evolution pokemons.

Guitarist uses elecrtric pokemons

Old couple 2v2 figth, uses the same type pokemon (etc, fire fire, water water, and so on).

Young couple just like old couple...

Engeneer uses electric pokemons.

Youngster uses "cool-looking" pokemons. (Ratatta, eakens, etc).

Picnicker (right spelled?) Uses Grass and bug pokemons.

Hicker/Mountaineer uses rock pokemons.

Sister(s)
good ol 2v2 figth. uses "cute" pokemons (Etc, Oddish, Pidgey, etc).

Lass uses cute pokemons.

Can't think of anymore of the old "classes".

I will have some attacks up later.

Level 16
Well, i see you guys have loads of Trainer types listed!
Now, how can i make every trainer type different looking in the game?
Maybe some overhead attachment that is like a cap, some special sort of hair or maybe some chest attachment as guitar for the guitarist! :evil:
Well, at least i need loads of attachments, since i dont want to take loads of time from the modelers to do every unit, i think attachments is the way to do best, right?

-Yixx,,-

Level 16
Yes, but they need something that you immediately know what type it is, that is also in the Pokémon games, hikers have some hat, fishers are always red or something, you know?
And the base models are going to be: Child1, child2, Villager Male1, Villager Male2, Villager Female, and maybe some elven villagers, that is not much models to choose from, so i think attachments will be needed somehow,, and it will look better =D,,

Level 16
yeah right, only it is evil, it cant walk to you to battle, it has 2 boxes standing next to him, and he is always rocking, what is kinda gay i think

Oh, and i am not going to use him, since he killed illidan! =(
Illidan should have killed Arthas!

Level 15
yeah right, only it is evil, it cant walk to you to battle, it has 2 boxes standing next to him, and he is always rocking, what is kinda gay i think

Oh, and i am not going to use him, since he killed illidan! =(
Illidan should have killed Arthas!

Indeed.

Well, then a villager with one of the guitar attachments from this site :p

HFR

HFR

Level 22
But in the time of Pokemon Legends they didn't have an round-based battle system, the map have lots of bugs, bad pokemon select system, and even the Team Rocket, mentioned in the game didn't even appeared.
I don't telling that pokemon legends was an bad map, it's the best pokemon map so far, with an very good terrain, but, sincerely, this is gonna to be an lot better.

Phew, almost 2 days whitout posting, It will be an nightmare if the project will end. May this day never come.

Also, you already have the order of the gyms? Like:

1-Fire
2-Grass
3-Rock
4-Steel (Silverplate!!)
5-Flying
6-Water

These are just suggestions, you can make at any order and type.

Last edited:
Level 16
Hello people, i havent been here for a while, but thats over now!
Im back =D xD,,

Well, i havent got a real order of gyms
I will start with Stone/Rock
Then there is the Castle City, what type will that be?
Well, Crater City is Ground of course =D
Volcano City Fire, and Silverplate city will, sorry but, not use Steel Pokémon, since they are not a real type in R/B/Y,,
I think i will make SilverPlace Water or Fly Pokémon,,

That are all citys so far,,

Then: Announcement: In a while i will give the Terrainers some work to do =D,,
I have got an open grass Part, a Cave part, a Forrest, a Canyon, a Dessert, (Difference? Yes! Canyon has alot of rocks and stones all over, Dessert is poor with sand, cactusses, and empty places) and a free part =D,,
This all needs to be terrained, and in a while, i will send the map to the first one who says:"I want to terrain first =D" (must be one of the terrainers xD)

Oh, Lord_of_Sausage, how are the attacks going? =D

-Yixx,,-

HFR

HFR

Level 22
How do you gonna make the walls in the castle city? Using normal cityscapes tiles or using custom models? I f you will use custom models, I wil already give you something nice. My cubone thinks that the cliffs are better, but I prefer the models.
cubone! cubo! cubone!!
Hey, stop poking me!!

Status
Not open for further replies.