• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Pokemon RPG

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 17
Okey, this is a few things i have to say:
The trainer is a hero, why? :O
Rattata's shadow is way to big :]
When charmander uses scratch he looks away after using it. Annoying :p
Scratch is range. Kinda funny though xD (looks like all attacks is range)
Pokemons heal during battle.
Charmander is WAY to big.
The pokemons in the starting area is to strong :-/ Almost died againt a pidgey

Ideas:
•Maybe add a button on all pokemons that you click on to directly get to the trainer menu?
Insted of having to select him you know.

•And why not stuck the trainer on a specefic spot when entering battle?
Now he can walk around and block enemies and such things.

•Improve the battle system. (I can give it a try if you guys want :])
I will make it round based insted of making the units walkable and such things then

•Lock the camera on a dummy unit when in battle so that you cant click on the key arrows.
This will make the camera entierly stuck and it will look more proffesional

•Edit the Attribute stat list. Now it shows that you get minus Millions of stats in armor for example

•Add shortcut abillitys to your pokemons on your trainer and remove their hero icon?

•Change hero icon on your trainer? Or maybe change he's classification to worker?
That would make the button appear in the bottom left corner insted.
(Change the idle worker text into w/e you want insted and change the idle worker icon to villager)

•Change icon on the strength attribute to a pokeball or something? So that pokemons have a pokeball insted.

Edit one:

•Make specefic armors for all types of pokemons.
Like, give charmander "Fire" since he is a fire pokemon.
And edit armor info to what he is strong againt and what he is weak against

•Remove the trainers food cost. (it is 5 now).

More to come!

Level 16
wow =),,
thanks!
Those first notes are lazyness and non-quality,,
It seems like the stats are wrong, i will look them up again, because it cant be right that squirtle lvl 5 does a lower-damage tackle then a pidgey lvl 4,,

Trainer = worker idea could be very handy =D,, didnt think of it that way yet!

Ideas:
1) Could be a good idea! Also, currently selecting the first Pokemon in the battle (to do an attack) bugs,, you have to select it manually,,

2) Stuck trainer, why didnt i do that? I didnt even think of moving it, since it is irrelevant in a battle, but good you did it ;)

3) The battle system definitely has to be improved, maybe i will make a vJass version

4) Or lock camera to middle of the region, that saves a dummy, (which i hate)

5) That stat thingy i will have to look at,,

6) Shortcuts to your Pokemon,, is cool, but how to remove the hero icon?

7) noted above

8) Ya, that is definitely gonna happen! =D

9) That armor thingy was my first try, but there are more pkmn types than armor types, so not possible unfortunately,,

10) duh, why didnt i do that?

Thanks! =),, it definitely was a good idea to send it to you! ^^

Level 16
I think i will rewrite the code of the Battle in (v)Jass, now i had to edit the whole thing from someone elses concept, now i can do everything myself and then i know what has to be where, and i dont have to implent more stuff later, because i make it ready for US now =D,, LTGH, how is your (v)Jass knowledge? Cause any help is appreciated =D

Level 17
To be honest, in using Gui. i guess i could say im pro in gui.
And yes, i know that Gui kinda sucks... Im trying to learn Jass but i just get confused.
Im just 14 xD No time to learn.
But im good at other stuff then Triggering.
Im also good at making story lines, finding glitches, keep active (kinda important xP).
Uhm, thats all i can think of now. :p

Level 16
Ok, i am converting to Jass now,, but it will take some time still,,
Probably, the DEMO wont be updated untill this System is fully working in vJass
But it is a long weekend so i hope i can finish it this weekend =D,,
But i cant promise anything,,

Actually, i was shocked to hear you guys' replys,, that i fucked it up soo much made me angry at myself,, and now i want it to work better, almost perfect! =D

EDIT
this is me being angry:
just kidding ^^

lolwut IST SCHEEEISSEEEAAHHHH SVORTEAHHHHHH

its ok Yixx we all see that you put a lot of effort on it, I opened the map and I liked what I saw, the problem are in the systems mostly.
what we need is a good-looking and quick interface so the battles won't be annoying, and also functionality. I can make some interface icons for ya, like Fight, Flee, etc... just request me what. Even for abilities, I can make Icons.

About the system, things I suggest:

• When you find an enemy, disable user control and flash the screen in order to surprise the players
  • Disable user control when nothing really needs to be controlled
  • Fix unit facings during battle
  • Battles should be quick. A quick effect of flash, half a second of waiting to fade to back and *poof* you fade in battle quicly.
  • Maybe in the appearance time, at the beggining of the battle you make this in cinematic mode (a really short cinematic)
attachment.php

1 - Pokemon are moved/created (screen still fading in from black)
2 - They are ordered to move to the point 3
3 - They are ordered to move in the direction 4
4 - Facing the opponent, the battle starts, all this cine should take like 2-3 seconds

• Fix all the major bugs, like moving pokemon around while choosing what to do, not leaving battle after one enemy's death, etc etc etc
  • give a time to the player to act. This will be useful in multiplayer and will give a sense of realism to the battle. 10 seconds maximum are OK.
  • When pokemon attack, they should return to their previous facing after so.
  • Create many bug prevention functions like...check if the pokemons are facing each other, remove acquisition range, etc

Interface is everything. It should be enjoyable and friendly to be played.

Attachments

• battleorder.PNG
    battleorder.PNG
    3.5 KB · Views: 149

HFR

HFR

Level 22
DEEEEEMOOO!!!! I'll play tomorrow, and soon, expect a very harsh review, cuz I like them!

Also, Septimus posted some pics of my Human Sin terrains in his forum. (What do ya think? I'm too lazy to post a link! Just go to "Hosted Forums" them "The Human Sin"

Level 16
Damn, i really disappointed you guys didnt I?,, I am already rewriting the battle system, so your ideas, HC, might be usefull, only i think i will let the trainer walk, instead of your Pokemon,,

EDIT:
Placing units + Creating creeps is done in vJass,,
Now i need to make the turns in vJass ('loop' though every Pokemon on the field)

RE-EDIT: Loop is done, now rewriting triggers for stopping the battle,,

JASS:
function AddRecepient takes team t, teammate p returns nothing
    if TeammateIsInTeam(p,t) or GetTeammateState(p, TEAMMATE_STATE_SPECIAL_HELPER) then
        call PrivateMessageAddRecepient(udg_Pokemon_RPG_Demo_Message,p)
    endif
endfunction
that is lol ^^,,

RE-RE-EDIT: Whole code is written, major problems occured, luckily i have xxdingo93xx on my side (no he wont see any preview, he will just look through teh code)

Last edited:
Level 15
Okay, tried the demo, we have some pretty important bugs to deal with!

At first: Battle system is very easy to bug. i managed, by pressing F2 after my turn, to select my Charmander, and use scratch 3 times before it were caterpies turn. Also, this seemed to bug it pretty much, as caterpie just stood in front of me the rest of the battle, and scratch did not deal damage.

could be fixed by using the cinematic action, that takes away player control.

Secondly: Get rid of all thoose stupid numbers under a fight, or at least make them so we can understand them! I saw it wrote 7.456 wich i guess is the damage the attacks deal? Well, if so, make it so it says "Charmander dealt 7.456 damage to Caterpie". And all the "1" and "2". Is that whos turn it is? If it is, SHOW IT!

The last thing, is, that i encountered a wild Ratata (after the Caterpie bug), wich attacked me two times, and i had half hp back!

Oh, and the "Don't leave without a pokemon" and the "Dangerous, something bad might happen" should be shifted out with some more RPG'ish like "I gotta go see the proffessor first!" and "Hmm, that way doesn't look safe...".

Oh, and whats up with my RPG cam, let me change the angle :p

oh, and maybe the fog in the start area should be changed to a more green and lighter one. or something.

Aaaand, i got a surprise for you :D

Since i have now seen what im working for (and that i just been to a lan where we played wc3), im up for making some systems!!1!one!lol!

Sooo, what ya need?

EDIT: Some more thoughts:

Place all of the "This pokemon is a blablabla type of pokemon" inside a spellbook of their own, and make sure the spells are auras. Then, in the start, disable the spellbook with triggers. This will give the pokemon the buff, but the spell won't show up, and thus take npt space!

The camera is not locked on the trainer after a battle...

I battled a Caterpie (the pokemon is bugged xD), and after i defeated it with my Squirtle, it didn't leave the battle, and i tried using the Flee abillity. Sadly, it failed, and i were stuck inside the arena FOR ALL ETERNITY! (okay, i just restarted the map, but it sure should be fixed).

And why isn't HC's models in the map? D:

Oh, and please add pathing blockers to the "This place is dangerous lololol" area, so you dont get teleported, but the text appears. If you can go there later, just remove them with a trigger...

Oh, and a fight takes FOREVER! Good that theyre are not just 1-hit KO, but it shouldnt take a fckin 5 minutes to win against a Caterpie...

Soo, i think thats it! Happy Mapping :D

Level 17
Secondly: Get rid of all thoose stupid numbers under a fight, or at least make them so we can understand them! I saw it wrote 7.456 wich i guess is the damage the attacks deal? Well, if so, make it so it says "Charmander dealt 7.456 damage to Caterpie". And all the "1" and "2". Is that whos turn it is? If it is, SHOW IT!
This is a closed beta you know. Maybe its just a temporary debug system he got to check how much damage attacks does and such things, im sure he will fix that.
And yes, the entire battle system is a huge bug :p

Level 16
hahah,, LoS, those numbers are important for me, well, some can be deleted by now, but the AI bugged, and the:
means: The pokemon has maximum 2 attacks, currently using nr. 1,, though telling you this is actually sooo not important,,
Ok, pathing blockers might be a good idea,, but they are only for the demo now,,
In the game, there will be undiscovered quests that block the path, like a fallen tree, or a gang of youths,,

ok, system for you: (But i prefer JASS if possible, because i want everything clean and efficient from now on! I think i will do everything but the attacks in (v)Jass,,)
You can do GUI, but i will convert to Jass after, for more efficiency,, (though credits are of course given!) Maybe a system to ?,, i dont know,, i will tell you my ideas later this evening,,

HC's models? What models? He didnt make any pidgey, no rattata, no weedle, no caterpie, no charmender, no squirtle, only a bulbasaur,, and i thought the bulbasaur would be too cool compared to the others then, then he would get an attitude and wouldnt be able to be handled then,,
lol,, no but only the bulbasaur is in this demo yet,,

Ya, the stats somehow suck =S,, but i really did the stats on bulbapedia which are the same as on serebii.net,, so,, but maybe,,
In the calculation: Would 'Attack Stat' mean only attack, or maybe 'Attack' + 'Sp. Attack'? then i would have to make a new stat way,,

Any ideas how to?
Currently:
Strength: HP (due to Strength and HP are related)
Agi: Defence
Int: Attack

left:
Armor,
Mana,

Any ideas?

Level 17
HC's models? What models? He didnt make any pidgey, no rattata, no weedle, no caterpie, no charmender, no squirtle, only a bulbasaur,, and i thought the bulbasaur would be too cool compared to the others then, then he would get an attitude and wouldnt be able to be handled then,,
lol,, no but only the bulbasaur is in this demo yet,,

Ya, the stats somehow suck =S,, but i really did the stats on bulbapedia which are the same as on serebii.net,, so,, but maybe,,
In the calculation: Would 'Attack Stat' mean only attack, or maybe 'Attack' + 'Sp. Attack'? then i would have to make a new stat way,,

Any ideas how to?
Currently:
Strength: HP (due to Strength and HP are related)
Agi: Defence
Int: Attack

left:
Armor,
Mana,

Any ideas?

Isnt charmander done? i thought it was :p
And for the stats... hmm..
Damge: (Make it never cast and hide the UI display) and use that as Attack.
Armor: Defense (make spells ignore the defense and make it through triggers insted of having the standard %)
Str: Something
Agi: Attack Speed (how long you have to wait to attack)
Int: Something
Health: HP
Mana: PP

And make everything through triggers making it more customisable.
Maybe..

Level 16
Well, LoS, that is not really how it works, this system is based on the variable 'RoundCount',, roundcount is increased, then the next unit is,,
I would have to make a whole new system to make it fit the 'speed' stat,,
new thing:
Mana: --nothing--
Strength:Attack
Agility: Special Attack
Intellegence: Defence
Armor: Special Defence
Attack: --nothing--

Then all there is left is ACCURACY and SPEED,,
Of which speed is, as stated above, outruled to be used in battle,,
Accuracy, although, can be used to make attacks hit better (more % to hit),,
Then there was an other one, which makes the opponent miss,, it was called 'Evasion' i thought,,

Oh, and the stats were wrong,,
They were BaseStats, they need a calculation before they apply the right way,,

Level 17
Well, LoS, that is not really how it works, this system is based on the variable 'RoundCount',, roundcount is increased, then the next unit is,,
I would have to make a whole new system to make it fit the 'speed' stat,,
new thing:
Mana: --nothing--
Strength:Attack
Agility: Special Attack
Intellegence: Defence
Armor: Special Defence
Attack: --nothing--

Then all there is left is ACCURACY and SPEED,,
Of which speed is, as stated above, outruled to be used in battle,,
Accuracy, although, can be used to make attacks hit better (more % to hit),,
Then there was an other one, which makes the opponent miss,, it was called 'Evasion' i thought,,

Oh, and the stats were wrong,,
They were BaseStats, they need a calculation before they apply the right way,,

You use speed to choose what unit will attack first you know, thats what i mean by speed. And that is important. as that is what makes attacks like "quick attack" useful. They are made to bypass the attack speed.

Level 16
I can try to rewrite the part where you choose the next pokemon (or actually, the comnputer does),,
But PP is out of order, it will not be used in the near future,,

LoS: a system for you:
EV's and IV's,,
A way to calculate them and save them,, WITHOUT any cusstom value if possible,,
Maybe use Paladon's indexing system to set them,,
Can you do that? That would be awesome! =D

Special attack and Special defence will be dropped, they are used with attacks that are 'special' ,, but that is something i dont want to have to find out,, so we will only use 'Attack' and 'Defence', besides 'Speed' , 'Accuracy' , 'Evasion' , and 'HP'

so:
HP ---------- HP
Mana -------- NOTHING
Strength ---- Attack
Agility ------- Speed
Intellegence - Evasion
Armor ------- Defence
Attack ------ NOTHING

I think that is the best option to do,, though Evasion might be dropped also due to it is risky to use Attack as a stat,,
What do you think?

Level 15
FYI, Accuracy is judged by each individual ability (one ability might have a 95(%) accuracy while another has a 60(%) accuracy). Then ofc there's abilities like Sand Attack which just wreck you...So it should be triggered with the ability, not the actual unit

HFR

HFR

Level 22
Yixx, I tried and it's all bugged lol. I couldn't flee from pidgey, but he fled. Then, he attacked the air and I lost control over my trainer, then my charmander died. Lulz...

Really, I have lots of free time, let me terrain this, please!!!

Level 15
Yixx, Actually, i don't know what EV and IV is, guess i just need to save some values, though :p

No, i actually got an idea for a system that is needed, and that i want to make:

A Stat+show party system!

So, your trainer got this neat spell, wich takes you to the Party screen. Here, you can see advanced stats about you pokemon, like the stats, buffs, health, exp, level, mana, moves, and more!

Heres an extreemely crappy Paint drawing on how it could look :p
crappy_shit_example.jpg

Level 16
Ya, or make it in a Multiboard! =D,,
When you click the ability: "Stats",
You show the multiboard containing the stats of the 'Triggering Unit'
Could that be done? It would be awesome! =D,, and of course give a nice feel to it ^^

Level 2
it seems that map is nowhere to be done, when will the alpha stage map available for other players to try ? =D

Level 16
wtf? I made a comment to you HFR, ask Wazzz and TDHX, whoever has the map now,, It is ok with me if you terrain,,

@ LoS, Dont think too big, stats should be accesable easily and without any problems,, That is why i suggested a multiboard,,
But if you really want to make it fancy,, go for it,, only the rotation may seem a little too much,, just do it without any periodic timers if possible,,

Level 16
a multiboard with those stats:
Pokemon Name
Pokemon Nr
HP
Attack
Defense
Speed
Evasion

For now,, maybe add more later,,
But make it fancy,, take your time, cause it HAS to be fancy! =D

@ HFR: I will talk to Wazzz this evening on msn,,

Level 16
Dunno,, but there are attacks which lower 'Evasion' ,, or something like that,,
You know, you keep surprising me,, Everytime you post here, you have a good question/suggestion, then you stay away for a while, and again you surprise me with some question or suggestion,, Thanks ^^

Battle system works! =D,, so far,,

It starts, you can attack (the rounds are fucked up) and you can end the battle! =D,,
So now only fix the rounds, including with SPEED stat,,

So i need a decision: What stat will be speed?

Level 18
i dont know who has the most recent map. But i have the demo, so im guessing thats one of the most recent.

And umm, HFR can terrain, so for whoever has the most recent map ( not me =p )
then HFR cant terrain it. Illl stake a look at the HFR's terrain to see if it adiquit enough, and ill add more details if i have to to it. When sckool is over, i will take the map and start to terrain it.

Status
Not open for further replies.