• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

please...how do i import skins and textures into the world editor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
how do i import skins and textures into the world editer ???

{EDIT}
please...how do i import skins and textures into the world editor???

{~Threads merged}

Last edited by a moderator:
Level 18
Just read the Import Tutorial. There are import problem threads every single day and they all say to read the Import Tutorial in the first reply. So next time search for your answers before posting stuff that's being discussed all the time.

Level 3
well some of the tutorials ive seen leave stuff out. like they show wut they did but they dont specify wut they did. Like ive seen ppl asking questions about wut to do with the textures. Well the answer is that everything in the file u downloaded (except for the readme's) should be imported. Then delete the "war3mapimported" and jus leave the file name. for textures, the path u will be able to find where u downloaded the model from. When u put the model onto a unit, the model has the skins on it. Why? idk it's jus that when u import the skins it automaticly attachs the the correct model. well theres ur answer. =P

Level 19
ok here u go.

This is how u do. Download the skin or model u gona use. When ur importing models. U need to check this.

http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/resource.php?t=47486&prev=search=aragorn&d=list&r=20

Models/
here is them model i choosed. Under paths its under the big image. U will see Textures\Narsil.blp. It means u will need to change the name of the narsil.blp to that. And then it should work properly. And if the model doesent say any paths there u dont need then.

Skin/
WHen u import skin. U will see what paths the skins u use. Ok i choose this skin now.
http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/resource.php?t=127784

Ok and under the path/ u will see what u need to change the name to. Now the file is war3imported in your world editor, change that to Units\Undead\Ghoul\Ghoul.blp
Like it says a bit under the big image there u download the skin. And if u have problem wit ha skin just ask me. Some skins dont telling the paths. Then u can check this in ur world editor :) i will tell u later ok :) gl hf

Status
Not open for further replies.