• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Platform Defense

This bundle is marked as useful / simple. Simplicity is bliss, low effort and/or may contain minor bugs.
The old popular map on Starcraft 2.
In plaftorm defense you have a hero and you have to defend a platform in the space.

Keywords:
hero, melee, zergling
Previews
Contents

PlatformDefense.SC2Map (Map)

Reviews
15:13, 20th Dec 2010 Dr Super Good: The screenshots choosen are rather unhelpful. Rather show ingame screenshots than those of a battlenet custom game lobby which every SC2 player already knows and map order changes by the hour. The...

M

15:13, 20th Dec 2010
Dr Super Good:
The screenshots choosen are rather unhelpful. Rather show ingame screenshots than those of a battlenet custom game lobby which every SC2 player already knows and map order changes by the hour.

The description is also lacking. I thought you could also build buildings and had a pet zergling to help attack with.

Please update (do not re-submit) the map after addressing the above issues.

Rodrigo made this one to experiment with the editor, he decided he would release it as his second map published. However, while the map did manage to get to the top several times, it was always brought down by a popularity reset. From what I recall, platform defense was an incredibly challenging map, due to the fact that it requires teamwork from 4 people, and often, there isn't very much coop among the random people on bnet. The main problem with this map is that zerg needs to hybrid or it won't do well. Even though it's cheap, the tech is slow and the queen is useless, nevertheless, I recommend playing platform defense.