• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Aeon of Strife] [Planned Project] Protection of the Cheese

Should this project be carried out?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 14
If you look in the maps section, it shows the map dimensions.

Unfortunately we don't have any of the official versions of DotA here,
but we do have other AoS type maps you could check out:)

Or perhaps you could try another site c;
They might have the same feature for their map section.

Level 6
I will recommend to only use funny names of item,heroes,modes,etc..

Look also for funny models and even the UI.. make sure that the gameplay enviroment has a fun theme like UI,terrain..

You can also add the concept of making FOOTMAN as trees or making Wc3 units as doodads and you can also mix the terrain of lava and beach

Just make sure everything is not unusual..

Be aware of the skills also.. make sure they funny to play yet balance..

Level 16
I will recommend to only use funny names of item,heroes,modes,etc..

Look also for funny models and even the UI.. make sure that the gameplay enviroment has a fun theme like UI,terrain..

You can also add the concept of making FOOTMAN as trees or making Wc3 units as doodads and you can also mix the terrain of lava and beach

Just make sure everything is not unusual..

Be aware of the skills also.. make sure they funny to play yet balance..

Thank you thank you. Will bear that in mind :)

Level 30
Great and Im not good at tracking activity due to busyness but if I may suggest (quite corny but worth a try):

The Mouse God stored his greatest and biggest cheese on his hideout. Now two forces have known some info about this cheese and each of them are planning to get their hands into this legendary CHEESE. The two forces fought each other, a fight throguh death just to get their hands to the cheese.

Now the main objective, the Mouse God's Hideout is in the middle of the map and is invulnerable. There are some random events that will spawn his strong warriors into the battlefield to attack both the forces. The forces must survive in this phase. This occurs each sepcific period of time btw.

Well, actually the main objective is to crush each of the forces' main building like in other AOSes and after that a cinematic should show showing that you gain victory and the victorious forces will go through the Mouse God's hideout and retrieve the Legendary CHEEESE...lol!

Well, this is just an idea and I know its quite corny but giving ideas wont hurt I guess..lol!

Level 5
I've been thinking about how to make comedy in a video game and make it not to be repetitive. Of course, I found no concrete info about the subject but I did find this and through examples of comedic video games like Stubbs The Zombie, Destroy All Humans, Theme Hospital, Banjo-Kazooie, etc I came to the conclusion that a key factor in what makes these games's jokes NOT repetitive is variety.

Take the Anal Probe from Destroy All Humans for example. It's fun because it's dumb, it also serves an in-game purpouse (I recall it gave you people's brains which served as a form of currency to acquire upgrades and etc). These motives serve to use that mechanic the first few times, but it'll get boring if you use it consistenly.

Yet, I can say I've anally probed my way (Oh god. sorry.) through to the end without getting tired of it. How so? Thanks to variety. While my motives to use said mechanic are upgrading my character and it's comedic aspect, what kept me going with it through to the end was the variety of the NPC's reactions. Policemen react differently to the housewives passing by to the mysterious G-men.

Come to think of it. There was also challenge. The Anal Probe was, possibly the weakest weapon, thus defeating a greater enemy with it (A G-man over a policeman) made it that much more rewarding -not to mention you'd get more points.

I think it's important to think about these kind of things since comedy will be core to this project. How can we apply this concepts to an AOS? How to make the game fun and comedic and not making it repetitive and boring on the long run? For now, I'd say knowledge of 'Comedy' and what makes something funny; Variety; and subtlety.

Level 16
I've been thinking about how to make comedy in a video game and make it not to be repetitive. Of course, I found no concrete info about the subject but I did find this and through examples of comedic video games like Stubbs The Zombie, Destroy All Humans, Theme Hospital, Banjo-Kazooie, etc I came to the conclusion that a key factor in what makes these games's jokes NOT repetitive is variety.

Take the Anal Probe from Destroy All Humans for example. It's fun because it's dumb, it also serves an in-game purpouse (I recall it gave you people's brains which served as a form of currency to acquire upgrades and etc). These motives serve to use that mechanic the first few times, but it'll get boring if you use it consistenly.

Yet, I can say I've anally probed my way (Oh god. sorry.) through to the end without getting tired of it. How so? Thanks to variety. While my motives to use said mechanic are upgrading my character and it's comedic aspect, what kept me going with it through to the end was the variety of the NPC's reactions. Policemen react differently to the housewives passing by to the mysterious G-men.

Come to think of it. There was also challenge. The Anal Probe was, possibly the weakest weapon, thus defeating a greater enemy with it (A G-man over a policeman) made it that much more rewarding -not to mention you'd get more points.

I think it's important to think about these kind of things since comedy will be core to this project. How can we apply this concepts to an AOS? How to make the game fun and comedic and not making it repetitive and boring on the long run? For now, I'd say knowledge of 'Comedy' and what makes something funny; Variety; and subtlety.

Very insightful. Well I am not really an expert on this so I guess it is up to you Creative Thinker guys to decide the direction and characteristics of the comedy :)

Status
Not open for further replies.