• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Strategic cheese

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 5
First off, the cheese is just for lore. It doesn't really play a big part in the game other than replacing the conventional resources, units, etc.

I also put my other maps on hold since im planning to finish this as quickly as possible ( i just want to play SOME map that i made)

What I am thinking of is some sort of tribal management game. Here is how it would go:

You have one hero character (settler)
You make a tent,camp whatever.
You find a cow.
You milk the cow and wait to make cheese. Put the cheese on a "stall" to attract potential villagers.
The more villagers you have, the faster u build, hunt, milk stuff.
This is all i got so far. I need you guys to think of more things.

This world's currency is cheese by the way.

Now this probably sounds like any old Diplomacy map. What I'm thinking of is to make the villagers, uncontrollable! So you basically just order them and they go off on their own to do your bidding. I'm also thinking of adding like some sort of food distribution and war effort kinda thing.

I'm not asking if the idea is good or not, im making it either way. I just need suggestions as the current idea seems lacking. It would also help for it to involve cheese in some way.

Level 6
Well, not sure, but if you replace gold with cheese, you could replace lumber with something.. Just an idea, I know its not much :p

Level 10
Maybe you can randomly make one of the players lactose-intolerant and have all the other players chase him down and kill him with AoE cheese damage.

...Or maybe the players are actually the cows, and they have to convince the AI villagers that their milk is the best for making cheese. If they don't then the villagers will take them off to the butchers and combo a fatality on their bovine asses.

Also, have cheese combining item recipes so players can mix and match cheeses to create ultimate platters that give high stat bonuses.

Hang on.... why would villagers buy cheese from your stall if the currency is cheese. That means that they would be giving you cheese to buy your cheese. Makes no sense whatsoever.

Status
Not open for further replies.