• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Placing Doodads ingame

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
Hello,
I am thinking about a Dungeon map in which you fight in one room at a time.
After the Hero killed everything in one room, I want to teleport/replace it to the next room. That shouldnt be too hard.
My problem is that I want to reuse rooms by teleporting the Hero randomly to one of them and creating new creeps.
I want to make the rooms to look differently each time you enter them, so I thought about randomly placing doodads, but I didn't find a way since there are no trigger actions concerning doodads. Is it necessary to turn the used doodads into destructibles or units or something or is there an easier way?

Level 14
There is definitely a way to do this, as in the Night Elf campaign when Illidan collapses the Tomb of Sargeras, the rocks that block the sentinels from escaping are unselectable yet have collision.

A method I can propose is to use Units with Locust and then add pathing blockers, but apart from what I'm stumped.

Status
Not open for further replies.