• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Torch Light Radius

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
Is there a way to extend the radius of the light provide by the (glowing) torch doodad?
I want to create a tavern room at midnight, so the room's lit up only by torches and other fire/light sources in the room. However, the torch's light doesn't reach far at all (about maybe 5 ft).

Also, any recommendations as to what other light sources should be used will be greatly appreciated :)

Level 34
Or just DL the light model. I know it's in the Ultimate Terraining Map. It is a model of pure light.

Level 3
Thanks for the link :) Although it says it saves as an MDL...where do I save that? (and what is it?)
To Gilles, I'll check into the Ultimate Terraining Map (I've seen it somewhere before), but can you configure the light radius of that light source?

noob question: what does DL stand for?

Status
Not open for further replies.