• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

HARD question, Nub mapeditor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 1
Well, the idea is to have something like this :

Picture two rooms, one room blocked off by the other with a rolling stone door. In one of those said rooms there is water, filled to the very top of the room, and its voluminous capacity. The other room is empty.

When the roller door is triggered open, the second room floods ! Killing people etc.

One idea is to have a unit or a doodad skin replaced with the terrain "Water"

But this thing is actually in the campaign, its in the undead campaign right before the frozen throne, in the underground passage ways. Its actually used by arthas to destroy some turret defenses.

This is where i got my idea from, and another person also said they played maps where you could MOVE the water as a unit.

So all and all, if anyone knows how to go about this, please be so kind as to explain it step by step ! I AM AN UBER NUB ! But i like to learn hard, but cewl things. :thumbs_up:

Level 9
I am not sure how it's done, but i think he means like the water trap in the nerubian city in the undead frozen throne campaign.

Level 6
hmm....not too sure myself, but i thought that the rising water effect could be found in the doodads. Than it is a simple method of editing the doodad animations using the triggers (like killing the units and the water level). Hope this help although i never actually tried it.

Level 3
Well , I just check the thing you describe in undead campaign ...
And I made a map ...
Not exactly like the 1 in the campaign , but got the familiar effect with the 1 in undead campaign , and hope that it can satisfy you =)

I using "Abilities\Spells\NightElf\MoonWell\MoonWellTarget.mdl" as the "water" and using create unit every 0.2 second to make the "water" got "move" effect .

Just break the level to activate the trigger ( like the 1 in the campaign =P ) .
The map is @ below =)

Attachments

• Water.w3x
    24.3 KB · Views: 88
Level 1
This effect does seem to work quite nicely, however i do seem to remember the water in the campaign looking a little more like water, and the water level was a little higher wasn't it ?

It would be possible to edit the unit hight to make the "water" level a little higher ?

Also using a unit other than a peasant would be best imo, because there was the peasant icon with the number 200 ! XD

As for the possibility of a doodad that does this effect ? I dunno

Also, when you want to add something to a unit, such as a weapon, or an aura, is the one for ora called orgin ? Under the string ? THANKS !

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.