• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Pit Of DOOM! V1.22 Beta

This bundle is marked as useful / simple. Simplicity is bliss, low effort and/or may contain minor bugs.
Reactions: Ironside
PIT OF DOOM!

The Game:
This is a fast paced hero arena where every move could make or break you! Game modes such as free-for-all give you complete permission to pulverise anyone who is unlucky enough to run into you. While team death match and headquarters lets you battle alonside friends to defeat the other medling foes!!!

Special Features:
Unique game mechanics like the volcano which randomly erupts(it gives you ample warning first) and kills EVERYTHING in its path! The soul resourse which takes alot of skill to aquire and is needed to buy certain powerful items!!! Cave systems allow you to make your way quickly and efficiently through the Pit to find whatever it is you feel like smashing! There are also runes that give some bonus's to players who pick them up!

And last but not least THE PIT which throws friends and foes alike into a small arena so they can battle it out!!!! Rewards are better than normal and the winner gets to take home some extra's!!!!!!!

Uploaded
Reduced playing area for more conflict(aswell as making space for the PIT), took away the stupid green-black box, improved all heroes movespeed for a faster experience, minor map aesthetics, leaderboard now shows players who have left, item changes.
The Pit is finished and ready, a few minor map aesthetics, removed cutlass item's maximum amount
Made drastic improvements to the terrain to reduce lag and make the map more open, added runes(speed rune, health rune, spell immunity rune, gold rune) that randomly spawn on the rune spots, fixed(hopefully) the no-respawn hero bug, balanced Tormented souls arrow(made cooldown 6 seconds) and ambush(fade time is now .75 seconds) abilities, improved the pit(bugs),
V1.21 wasnt released, fixed the multiple pit countdowns, made camera changes

87150339.jpg
66629460.jpg
10240431.jpg
54521011.jpg
83558634.jpg
64415804.jpg
61397404.jpg
61298796.jpg

Keywords:
hero, arena, demon, fire, volcano, volcanic, fast, paced, dota, fun, awesome, awesum, team, teambased, teamwork, teamstyle, team-work, team-based, fre
Contents

Pit Of DOOM! V1.22 Beta (Map)

Reviews
20:59, 13th Aug 2010 ap0calypse: Rejected
Level 2
well, just to let you know, i have played almost every hero arena games...
all the ones that promis original shit, never have anything, that i haven't seen befor

Level 2
um when i was checking the credits in the object importer i somehow deleted the obelisk?!?!?! lol, calciumcarbonate u think maybe at game start i show all the heroes(6 of them) and let players just c their abilities?!?!!? just so they get some idea of whats happening

Level 5
You can use the insert picture button where you can add the picture into the pastebin
Copy the link of the pastebin into the insert picture text box

Ok let see... Pit Of DOOM! V1.22 Beta

Things that I like:

1st - Map size
2nd - Game interface
3th - Terrain
4th - Custom events (volcano)
5th - Some spells
6th - Map description ingame

Things that i don't like:

1st - No DISBTN/PAS
2nd - Can't choose hero at start
3th - 3 game modes only
4th - Arena (We fight with random hero not one that we control)
5th - No Ai
6th - Buildings have 2 many hp

Word or 2 to Author:

*First of all create some kind of hero selection system!
*Game modes can be picked with dialog buttons, it is better way because you use only 3 of them
*Add more random events like volcano (examples: earthquake, forces of darkness = neutral enemy units etc etc)
*Create or find and import DISBTN/PAS icons (we can see green icons this way)

Well map looks ok, description, gameplay, balance, but i won't vote for approval until I can't see working items and hero selection system (this way it seams like we play all random mode), well I will give your map 2/5 rating!

2/5

Level 2
First of all thanks -Kobas-, Ill give players a selection over their heroes, it seems only people who arent new to Pit of DOOM! can play with the random hero style. I dont know how to get rid of the green display icons(Ive tried), Im planning on making creep camps and that sort of thing, as for more "random events" I am not sure what I could put in, any suggestions?

Few years ago when I used internet first time to find wc3 maps, tutorials etc I found this one Click
You will find all what you need to know about icons there!
About random events, here are few examples:
-Every 3/5 or 10 summon one or more powerful neutral hostile! That unit/Hero can move attack cast spells etc etc
-Every few seconds random place on map with small area got hit with earthquake that will slow, deal large damage and maybe (small chance) stun!
-Every few seconds dark fog (or poison one) is summoned or whatever on random place silencing units, causing them to miss and reducing their sight range (miss, blind, silence = FU annoying :D)

I think that this help a little!