• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Pirate Musketeer

Adding to my Pirate series of models, Pirate Musketeer, a ranged pirate-themed unit with some more custom animations.

Attack Walk Stand Spin: BladeStorm-styled animations made for a phoenix-fire type spell, I know the emitters and sounds don't work perfectly

Spell Throw: Simple Grenade Toss

ENJOY!
Please Credit me if you use this model in your map, Do not edit or distribute to other sites.

Update List!
*Uploaded Model
---
*Made him look a bit younger and tweaked anims slightly, in preparation for an overhaul.
*Sexified the ribbons and Emmiters on him more.

Keywords:
Pirate, Privateer, Musket, Gun, Pistol, Navy, Naval, Sea, Sailor, Jack Swallow
Contents

Hero Pirate Musketeer (Model)

Reviews
[APPROVED] Good animations, the particles are a bit excessive. The portrait is kind of meh, but it works. Keep up the good work! --donut3.5--

M

[APPROVED]
Good animations, the particles are a bit excessive.
The portrait is kind of meh, but it works.
Keep up the good work!
--donut3.5--

Level 22
Hot damn... Yall kids are mean.
Maybe some constructive criticism instead of OMFG YOU SUCK?

EmawWyvern said:
The gun is sucky, and the shooting animation is horrible, just cause your first model did good doesn't mean this would, you even used the same dummy model of AP. 2/5

Want to Elaborate on that WHY it's so horrible? And WTF is AP.. I used the same base model, the footman, if that's what you mean. How can I make it better?

KyonKun said:
Not bad at all my ass it sucks

What's bad about it? What can i do to make it better?

I think... if hes a pirate, wouldn't the Bandit's leather work better around his legs and jacket rather than Proudmoores (presumably) silk clothing? Use the Nec's book's texture for the hat maybe?

Aside from that, it seems like the anims aren't exactly 'human' in their fluidity. But aside from that.

Maybe as an extra "Spell Throw" or a "Spell Slam" you could have him point upwards and shoot, maybe at a somewhat 'forward' angle, I think his arm would probably recoil quite a bit from the shot aswell.

Very nice, but could use some improvements. 4/5

frostwhisper

Media Manager
Level 49
Now after some extensive testing I have come to several conclusions:

- The animations are rather good due to being completely scratch-made. Bravo. I will ask those of you who CAN animate anything to step forwards and say it sucks. Please do. Because I think there's not many of you out there. So next time keep your traps shut.

- The textures are indeed overused, yet it matches the pirate/sailor theme correctly, so they are a good choice.

- The gun looks quite good, not as some r****d said "like paper".

- The Bladestorm style animations are awesome, I really love the idea.

Overall great job.

Level 2
Looks good. 4/5 lost the 1 point because the way he holds his pistol... Possibly make it in 1 hand instead of 2 because like MonkeyBoy said, "looks like hes trying to use a pistol as a rifle."

Anyway this model looks great and I hope you continue making great pirate models :infl_thumbs_up:

Level 4
to ur information: pirates are ppl who steal at the sea and musketeers where like a police in france at that time. figting pirates. he just cant be both on same time-.-

Pirates steal stuff, and they steal from their enemys = he stealed uniform from enemy becaus its more buatieufull :cute:

EDIT: nice model :p but the skin is mhh still as the other said not so pirat like, it could be a navy soldier or something, *****

Wonderful model indeed! The attack animation is great. Though, it could be slightly slower. The gun looks great but it could be slightly longer, very very slightly longer.

The Spell Throw and Attack Spin animations provide wonderful cinematic oppertunities. Attack Spin 2 looks a bit bland and boring, though the other one is great.

The Portrait animations are great.. Reloading, picking his nose, etc. Lol, nice.

Here's an idea. Take this model, give him some more "admiral" style to him and then give him back his old man look. You will get a great Captain model.

Level 6
Its a good model that was practically made from nothing...scratch that its an EXCELLENT, 5/5 model that shouldn't receive non-constuctive replys from a few PEOPLE. Sorry about popping up a few names but...EmawWyvern and KyonKun...if you two ever look at this post again...then make a model with custom anims that's ranged and based off of the footman model with excellent detail and skin and that's flawless and MUST look like a pirate...if you do all that THEN you can make fun of his model...otherwise please be quiet because you cant do any better than him.

if you two ever look at this post again...then make a model with custom anims that's ranged and based off of the footman model with excellent detail and skin and that's flawless and MUST look like a pirate...if you do all that THEN you can make fun of his model...otherwise please be quiet because you cant do any better than him.

I'm not going to say I could do better, but you don' have to be able to write a symphony to tell if one sucks, just wanted to get that across.

Somethign everyone should know, I am lord_t's friend, and I have to put up with seeing every frikken version of a new model hes making.

Points I've gathered about this: Walk anim sucks. I didn't really notice the gun not being big enough, but they're right, the scale is off. Portrait talk is rly, rly bad, and I know you can do better lord. And the wrap could be more interesting, give him a bigger variety of textures.

Level 6
Walk animations need some work.

Colour scheme seems a little odd (brown belt + blue clothes in particular).

I suggest making the pistol a lot bigger. It looks good in the model editor, but too small in game.

Level 25
The gun is sucky, and the shooting animation is horrible, just cause your first model did good doesn't mean this would, you even used the same dummy model of AP. 2/5

Ever heard of constructive criticism you bloody failure? Of course you haven't, considering you screwed up your World Editor and am blaming everyone else for your own stupidity

Level 2
He looks more like some one from the royal navy not a pirate. And yes it will be good to make the gun a little bigger.
I like it overall :D

Level 2
Going against people saying 'sucks'- i disagree,
I think this is a great model, and works brilliantly ingame.
Good work and keep it up!

Level 12
I don't care if I am a necromacy-practising scumbag but this model is very good but the portrait thing annoys me... there is no talk animations and I can't stand it. I made a few small edits (removed the mo' and changed the camera) to the proudmore portrait to create a talking portrait if anyone here shares my obsession with details.

Attachments

• Proudmoore_Portrait.mdx
    36.9 KB · Views: 36