1. Are you planning to upload your awesome model to Hive? Please review the rules here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Find your way through the deepest dungeon in the 18th Mini Mapping Contest Poll.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. A brave new world lies beyond the seven seas. Join the 34th Modeling Contest today!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Hive 3 Remoosed BETA - NOW LIVE. Go check it out at BETA Hive Workshop! Post your feedback in this new forum BETA Feedback.
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

Pirate Musketeer

Submitted by Lord_T
This bundle is marked as approved. It works and satisfies the submission rules.
Adding to my Pirate series of models, Pirate Musketeer, a ranged pirate-themed unit with some more custom animations.

Attack Walk Stand Spin: BladeStorm-styled animations made for a phoenix-fire type spell, I know the emitters and sounds don't work perfectly

Spell Throw: Simple Grenade Toss

ENJOY!
Please Credit me if you use this model in your map, Do not edit or distribute to other sites.

Update List!
*Uploaded Model
---
*Made him look a bit younger and tweaked anims slightly, in preparation for an overhaul.
*Sexified the ribbons and Emmiters on him more.

Keywords:
Pirate, Privateer, Musket, Gun, Pistol, Navy, Naval, Sea, Sailor, Jack Swallow
Contents

Hero Pirate Musketeer (Model)

Reviews
[APPROVED] Good animations, the particles are a bit excessive. The portrait is kind of meh, but it works. Keep up the good work! --donut3.5--
  1. [APPROVED]
    Good animations, the particles are a bit excessive.
    The portrait is kind of meh, but it works.
    Keep up the good work!
    --donut3.5--

2. EmawWyvern

EmawWyvern

Resources:
    Resources:
    The gun is sucky, and the shooting animation is horrible, just cause your first model did good doesn't mean this would, you even used the same dummy model of AP. 2/5

3. Hawk07

Hawk07

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Not bad at all!

4. KyonKun

KyonKun

Resources:
    Resources:
    durhhrhrh

Not bad at all my ass it sucks:eekani:

5. TheDivineBoss

TheDivineBoss

Resources:
    Resources:
    Say, at least, he can model.

6. Devine

Devine

Resources:
    Resources:
    the fella looks prety good but his anim looks pretty odd ... but nothing to worry about i guess ..

Last edited: May 19, 2008
  7. Lord_T

Lord_T

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Resources:
    Hot damn... Yall kids are mean.
    Maybe some constructive criticism instead of OMFG YOU SUCK?

Want to Elaborate on that WHY it's so horrible? And WTF is AP.. I used the same base model, the footman, if that's what you mean. How can I make it better?

What's bad about it? What can i do to make it better?

8. Lord-T-Rex

Lord-T-Rex

Resources:
    Models:
    Packs:
    Resources:
    i think your model isnt that bad!!!
    and the idea of the Attack Stand Walk Spin animations is great!

9. Direfury

Direfury

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    I think... if hes a pirate, wouldn't the Bandit's leather work better around his legs and jacket rather than Proudmoores (presumably) silk clothing? Use the Nec's book's texture for the hat maybe?

Aside from that, it seems like the anims aren't exactly 'human' in their fluidity. But aside from that.

Maybe as an extra "Spell Throw" or a "Spell Slam" you could have him point upwards and shoot, maybe at a somewhat 'forward' angle, I think his arm would probably recoil quite a bit from the shot aswell.

Very nice, but could use some improvements. 4/5

10. KillmegodsComments

KillmegodsComments

Resources:
    Resources:
    model

nice model. Keep the good work =):gg:

11. frostwhisper

frostwhisper

Resources:
    Models:
    Resources:
    Now after some extensive testing I have come to several conclusions:

- The animations are rather good due to being completely scratch-made. Bravo. I will ask those of you who CAN animate anything to step forwards and say it sucks. Please do. Because I think there's not many of you out there. So next time keep your traps shut.

- The textures are indeed overused, yet it matches the pirate/sailor theme correctly, so they are a good choice.

- The gun looks quite good, not as some r****d said "like paper".

- The Bladestorm style animations are awesome, I really love the idea.

Overall great job.

12. monkeyboy

monkeyboy

Resources:
    Resources:
    make the gun bigger PLS he looks like hes trying to use a pistol as a rifle

13. Mechanical Man

Mechanical Man

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Hmm hard to say to be a musketeer, if he just have a slightly bigger pistol.

And those spin animations bug me, those pistols were singleshot at that time, so he can't fire that way.

And yes, proudmoore uniform is a bit overused in your pirate models, everyone can't be a captain. Try to apply different ones.

14. PurpleHephalump

PurpleHephalump

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    remove the shoulder pads and it would look like more of a pirate :) :grin:

15. Frost_Mourne

Frost_Mourne

Resources:
    Resources:
    Looks good. 4/5 lost the 1 point because the way he holds his pistol... Possibly make it in 1 hand instead of 2 because like MonkeyBoy said, "looks like hes trying to use a pistol as a rifle."

Anyway this model looks great and I hope you continue making great pirate models :infl_thumbs_up:

16. arthasdeath

arthasdeath

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    to ur information: pirates are ppl who steal at the sea and musketeers where like a police in france at that time. figting pirates. he just cant be both on same time-.-

17. Tyrlop

Tyrlop

Resources:
    Icons:
    Resources:
    Pirates steal stuff, and they steal from their enemys = he stealed uniform from enemy becaus its more buatieufull :cute:

EDIT: nice model :p but the skin is mhh still as the other said not so pirat like, it could be a navy soldier or something, *****

18. Hawkwing

Hawkwing

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Skins:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Wonderful model indeed! The attack animation is great. Though, it could be slightly slower. The gun looks great but it could be slightly longer, very very slightly longer.

The Spell Throw and Attack Spin animations provide wonderful cinematic oppertunities. Attack Spin 2 looks a bit bland and boring, though the other one is great.

The Portrait animations are great.. Reloading, picking his nose, etc. Lol, nice.

Here's an idea. Take this model, give him some more "admiral" style to him and then give him back his old man look. You will get a great Captain model.

19. BanananaHead

BanananaHead

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Its a good model that was practically made from nothing...scratch that its an EXCELLENT, 5/5 model that shouldn't receive non-constuctive replys from a few PEOPLE. Sorry about popping up a few names but...EmawWyvern and KyonKun...if you two ever look at this post again...then make a model with custom anims that's ranged and based off of the footman model with excellent detail and skin and that's flawless and MUST look like a pirate...if you do all that THEN you can make fun of his model...otherwise please be quiet because you cant do any better than him.