• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Solved] Phoenix Morphing Tinting

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 7
I've got another issue similar to my other recent post about tinting, but instead of hardcoded tinting, the problem here though is unit detection. I have a hero with phoenix morphing, but I'm trying to tint the alternate form. It doesn't keep the editor values for the alternate form, but instead applies the default unit's tint (vertex) values. Detecting the spell being cast doesn't seem to be doing anything, and detecting a unit entering the region doesn't work either. Any help would be great.

Uncle

Warcraft Moderator
Level 64
Morph abilities use the Event "Issue order with no target" instead of "Starts the effect of an ability".

You need to figure out the name of the order that's issued when the ability fires and then trigger around that. Sometimes a Wait is required to get the newly morphed unit instead of the original unit.

There's a lot of posts on Hive regarding this issue.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.