• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Pet Melee Defense v3.7

Reactions: Mumbis

Pet Melee Defense

PMD
PMD is like a maul in the fact that the map layout and objective is the same, however, instead of towers you have normal units. From my recent experience making my Kingdoms of Kalanar map, I was able to greatly increase the quality in this game. Expect more updates for Pet Melee Defense and the beta version of Kingdoms of Kalanar to come out soon.

Update 2.6 fixes:
Capitalization errors
removed dragon race for being unbalanced
removed grey spawn
added anti air guns
2.65 add-ons:
added environment
fixed anti air builder
added my logo
2.7 fixes and addons:
added more environment
added 1 more cheaper anti air unit
fixed more spelling errors and such
fixed little bugs and errors
Added animal handlers who make cages(food producers) to create a more balanced game play and prevent massing
Fixed several minor issues.
added more environment.
did some more balancing.
added another unit for bunnies.
Added cats
added sell
fixed more tool-tips
Fixed minor issues
all workers now invulnerable, fixed more minor issues
Fixed unit return glitch all units should now properly proceed to the ship.
Fixed many minor issues
3.6-Added Dogs as a race, made the map layout more original.

Fixed many minor errors.

Credits
Thanks to the modelers:
Happytauren
Talon the Mage
Kofi_Banan
Dan van Ohllus
for your models
please send me feedback and suggestions.

Keywords:
Pet,Melee,Defense
Contents

Pet Melee Defense v3.7 (Map)

Reviews
-- Earth-Fury -- Date: October 31st 2007 Action Taken: Approved Rating: 4 / 10 Reason(s): Generally seems to work and function correctly

M

-- Earth-Fury --
Date: October 31st 2007
Action Taken: Approved
Rating: 4 / 10
Reason(s):
[*] Generally seems to work and function correctly

Level 4
Thanks for the feedback I knew about the air bug for sometime but I keep trying to fix it in the wrong way.oh and could you tell me whats wrong with gray spawn so i can fix it?

Everything should be fixed please send suggestions and feedback.

Last edited:
Level 6
NECROMANCY^^^ :D
Anyway, this seems like an innovative idea, although it may be unbalanced due to you using melee units and all...

Level 8
The description is messy. Use the BB Code to improve the description.

Great to see an update from 3 years ago! Here's a list of BB Codes to add colour to that description, put those changelogs under hidden tags and add some screenshots incase people will judge you for that.

Hah, these guys and their need to point out every little flaw with a map, too bad this was approved a while ago when there was no rule like that, he doesn't need to change a thing.

Level 9
Ok, I tried out the cat race, and I failed, was a little hard on my own hehe :p

Idea
It was a quite new idea to me... never seen a maul where you use units, i've seen alot with heroes and towers(of course) but not with units, so it was quite fun for as long as it lasted :) though i'm not the greatest maul player, so.. as I said above, I lost quite fast :p
but i'll give it 4/5 in "fun factor", but it wasn't completely original tho, since the terrain looks the same as all mauls (The pathing), but still, the idea to use units instead of towers and/or heroes was new!
Races
There weren't alot of races to choose from in my opinion (compared to other mauls) but my guess is that your not completely done with all the races yet :p
Found some things that I think is kinda "wrong" ... well their not wrong, but they don't fit kinda.
153485-albums4327-picture40967.jpg

For example, a cat base... and then you train a crab to train your cats? That made me kinda annoyed :p
And a murloc to train anti air? x)
This is just my opinion, but I don't think it fits :p
153485-albums4327-picture40966.jpg

There were nothing wrong with the models and icons of the units you "built" or "Trained", the models fit the description,
but, the bear sound that they had was also a bit annoying, though it's easily fixed aswell.
153485-albums4327-picture40965.jpg

Others
The terrain was okay, not like all other mauls, just green grass and NOTHING else, you had trees everywere and some logs and stones etc, that made me happy that someone for once thinks about the terrain! 5/5 on that!
but I found something that was a bit annoying, not a big problem at all, just a little annoying imo:
The Animal Handler could chop wood, easy fixable, just remove the Harvest ability and no one can get annoyed by it laters :)
And also, he was able to go into the other players areas to build "Animal Cages", which I think atleast isn't meant to happen?
153485-albums4327-picture40968.jpg

total

Approved! 4/5!
Half original idea, good terrain detail (for being a maul) and imported models that looks attractive,
This is something I would recommend to maul players!
Hope it was to somekinda help to you!
And hope my english isn't to bad (not my main language!)

/Mumbis

Last edited:
Level 6
Hmmm updating a three year old map...
Interesting.

Well since things have gotten only harder on maps, you can always ask for a re-moderation, if you're curious if your map still would get approved nowadays. :D
Buttttt I wouldn't do that till you get all the little things fixed up. :)

Level 4
Hmmm updating a three year old map...
Interesting.

Well since things have gotten only harder on maps, you can always ask for a re-moderation, if you're curious if your map still would get approved nowadays. :D
Buttttt I wouldn't do that till you get all the little things fixed up. :)

If you review it, i'd be happy to fix any problems you may find,im just waiting for people to critique the game before I update again.

Level 4
3.6 is finally in the making here is some things to except
1.Newish map layout
2.Harder Gameplay
3.A new race, Dogs, whose talents include;slightly faster run speed,slightly above average attack speed,moderate damage and DOT bites.

Level 9
@Shanesgp
3.6 is finally in the making here is some things to except
1.Newish map layout
2.Harder Gameplay
3.A new race, Dogs, whose talents include;slightly faster run speed,slightly above average attack speed,moderate damage and DOT bites.

I'll happily review the next update if you want me to :)

Level 5
The dog race units can't be sold(all of them i think)
kangaroo race's joey unit can be sold twice it's cost, and the others have increased sold amount that its cost(joey[buy=10/sell=20)(kangaroo[buy 50/sell 65])(i forgot about the others)
that is all....
it is a great map btw :D