• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

PC can't host at all

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 6
Hey, i have 2 PCs and 2 Macs. I recently got a new motherboard on one PC and now my games hosted on that computer cant b joined. This is the computer i use 2 make most of my maps and i dont kno y it cant host. I cant even host LAN games!:confused:

Level 13
But the new motherboard has nothing to do with the firewall, warcraft or your network card has it...?

(btw are their onboard network cards? if yes and you got one with the new motherboard check that your network drivers are installed...)(but that can't be the problem if you have internet..)

Level 12
What the hell does this have anything to do with World Editor. Don't you think this should be in the off topic section...

List of things that may be stopping you from hosting:
Your computer doesn't keep your static ip anymore.
You macs have taken the ip adresses that you have port forwarded for.
You haven't decided to configure your firewall
You use 2 routers, of which your macs are connected to the first one that is connected to the internet, but your windows ones are connected to the second one.
New anti virus software has been installed and has used its own firewall system instead of windows firewall, and you haven't configured that.
Your new motherboard(s) have screwed up internet connectors that may screw up your uploading.
Your internet cable(s) are somehow ****ed up.

And maybe your Macs can host because they are really **** and have no firewall or anti virus systems because that's how **** Macs are.

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Angry
Reactions: Rui
Level 4
Okay, so you've hosted pre-mobo, are you SURE that's the only change that you've made?

I'd suggest updating your network drivers and double checking all the normal hosting requirements as people in this thread have stated.

What model is the mobo? Is the network card on-board or in a PCI slot?

I'm thinking your drivers aren't allowing you to share data via LAN, or the network card isn't. I've had that problem on computers before.

What the hell does this have anything to do with world editor. Don't you think this should be in the off topic section...

List of things that may be stopping you from hosting:
Your computer doesn't keep your static ip anymore.
You macs have taken the ip adresses that you have port forwarded for.
You haven't decided to configure your firewall
You use 2 routers, of which your macs are connected to the first one that is connected to the internet, but your windows ones are connected to the second one.
New anti virus software has been installed and has used its own firewall system instead of windows firewall, and you haven't configured that.
Your new motherboard(s) have screwed up internet connectors that may screw up your uploading.
Your internet cable(s) are somehow ****ed up.

And maybe your Macs can host because they are really **** and have no firewall or antivirus systems because that's how **** macs are.

Lets not be rude for the sake of it please.

Level 17
You mentioned that you port forwarded your port. Meaning you set up a static IP, correct?

Which means that you went to Internet options, and manually filled in your IP address, Default Gateway, Subnet mask and your DNS address.

Set them to "Obtain automatically", make sure all firewalls have Warcraft III under exceptions, or have them turned off completely. Additionally, if you are using Vista, make sure that you turn Windows defender off.

Try again, and tell me how it goes.

Level 6
You mentioned that you port forwarded your port. Meaning you set up a static IP, correct?

Which means that you went to Internet options, and manually filled in your IP address, Default Gateway, Subnet mask and your DNS address.

Set them to "Obtain automatically", make sure all firewalls have Warcraft III under exceptions, or have them turned off completely. Additionally, if you are using Vista, make sure that you turn Windows defender off.

Try again, and tell me how it goes.

yes, and I already said my main PC has no firewalls

Status
Not open for further replies.