• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

pathmap and environment file sizes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 5
So, im currently writing a little program, with the aim to modify the path map (wpm file) in a way that makes places with certain textures (as written in the w3e file) unwalkable. However, i'm getting confused about the map sizes.

In the environment file (w3e), i get (mapwidth+1)*(mapheight+1) sets of data, so a 64x64 map would have dimensions of 65x65.
In the path map, however, i have a size of (mapwidth*4)*(mapheight*4), or for the 64x64 map, 256x256, respectively.

Now, seeing mapwidth*4, it seems like every texturable spot would be seperated into 4 parts, each of which can have its own pathing information. However, the w3e file uses dimensions+1 while the mmp doesn't, which would mean that there is not enough pathing data for the whole map, or more texture data than actual ground. Both seems unreasonable. Someone mind elaborating on this?

Level 26
It's one more terrain node because those are edges. Pathing cells are the space between. Just open a 32x32 map and display the smallest grid. The pathing cells around the terrain nodes going beyond the map borders are obviously not needed.

And yes, it's a shame that the Terrain.slk is not overshadowable.

Status
Not open for further replies.