• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Patched "Loading" text

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 6
Good day to everyone! I have no idea where to put this, so i've started it in this section, sorry moderators if that's bad =(

I've decided to replay the wc3 main campaign, and to make it new experience, decided do it with widescreen support =)) Now, we all know what site i am talking about, i'll call it *** =) (i don't know if it's allowed to post links here). In two words there is a launcher that you should launch your wc3 game with, and you'll have widescreen (true, no stretch) support in the game.

The thing is - this *** launcher patches the Loading Bar text to "Loading *** Match", instead of original "L O A D I N G" - i might be wrong, but the immersion of wc3 is why we're all here on this forum, right? =) and this new ad-sign kinda ruins it.

Maybe somebody knows - is there some way of reverting it back to original, either by modifying the *** Launcher, or maybe (modifying mpq / replacing local game files), ver 1.26? =))

P.S. I've tried to look into launcher with hex editor and made a lil bit of progress, but eventually failed, since i'm not experienced in assembler like at all at this point. =(

Last edited:
Level 6
Nvm, figured it out =) If anyone needs same thing as well - extract this file to your wc3 directory before running the launcher (be sure to check that it is marked as read-only).

Attachments

• mworker.zip
    145.5 KB · Views: 28
Status
Not open for further replies.