• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

PATCH 1.35 OUT NOW

Status
Not open for further replies.

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer
Level 68
That's why I'm not a reforged fan. One thing solved, 1000 bugs and failures, crashes and glitches, and god knows whatta hell is even wrecked on there that can happened, and still costs 30 bucks - no holiday or anniversary price drop, no special bundle or something for a fair price -. Of course, they are gonna make every failure looks like a winning. That's why I don't even like the concept of the "Reforged".
While Reforged brought and might bring bugs that might or might not be properly fixed, it's good to know that generally, patches can do this, so it's not a Reforged thing, necessarily.

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer
Level 68
I fixed that thanks to @FeelsGoodMan who discovered that folders in Campaigns break the game. Now, Custom Campaigns, Custom Games files show and Options are back again.

Level 9
How do I import the Re-Reforged Campaigns? I moved from my DL folder which is in documents/warcraft3 to the folder that says Campaigns and I opened up WC3 and the folder's were non existent. What did I do wrong?

Level 28
How do I import the Re-Reforged Campaigns? I moved from my DL folder which is in documents/warcraft3 to the folder that says Campaigns and I opened up WC3 and the folder's were non existent. What did I do wrong?
Ask InsaneMonster. It's a separate map files that you can only be placed in "Documents/Warcraft III/Maps".

Level 11
so is possible to replace the movie folder, but i don't know how this works to make the videos work, or the resolution for it.

Level 28
so is possible to replace the movie folder, but i don't know how this works to make the videos work, or the resolution for it.
In order to make custom movies playable on Reforged, one really needs an AVI and MP3 files and that the movie resolution must be 800x450 pixels.
You might check out this thread, but I don't think if this trick applies to 1.35:

Level 11
In order to make custom movies playable on Reforged, one really needs an AVI and MP3 files and that the movie resolution must be 800x450 pixels.
You might check out this thread, but I don't think if this trick applies to 1.35:
see the latest patch notes, all AVI has to vp9 + MP3 audio plus all 3 videos needs to be 640/1280/1920 in size
the idea is to replace the refunded The Prophecy Cutscene with the original one from the Blizzard DVD Collectors edition.
A guy at nexus mods did that but for old war3 Remastered and Upscaled Cinematics
But i wish that someone had the DVD in hands to do a better one using the latest ai upscaling model or Topaz Gigapixel

Also whatever the fuck blizzard did to these cutscenes, i noticed the even changed the voices on the death of hellscream cutscene, in fact, it looks like they replaced metzen's "no" with thrall with some random grunt.

In fact even, I made a test with the old and original TutorialIn audio under .mp3 file at the
Code:
_retail_/movies/audio
folder and it worked, everything was sync until the infernal part, which blizzard cut short 2 seconds in reforged.
Splicing the audio with the new one would do wonders if anyone here wants to try it out.

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer
Level 68
I don't know whether it's this patch related or not but in the editor, under some unit soundset folders you can see dopple sound files:
1675170478497.png

Level 11
I don't know whether it's this patch related or not but in the editor, under some unit soundset folders you can see dopple sound files:
that explains a lot
Anyway, replacing all audio with MP3 fixed the sound issues
though i suggest releasing maybe even at nexus a OGG pack

also i think my CASC editor is outdated, for it isn't even showing half of the files inside 1.35 movies/audio folder

Level 16
Anyone else gets CTD when clicking on Custom Campaigns button? Everything else seems to 'work', except for the only damn reason I reinstalled.

Edit:
I found a fix, it seems the Campaigns folder now does not support sub-folders (Jesus christ allmighty). What I'm saying is, don't create folders within the Campaigns folder.

Last edited:

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer
Level 68
Some more "issues" mostly all related to Load Saved Game:
1675627729537.png
The main menu (everywhere) background image loads very slowly when entering the executable.
Funny thing. The game can make a save file from a map accessed through the editor, located somewhere else than user/documents whatever, but loading is impossible without the map being there in documents/Warcraft III/Maps or something. There's no preview image for these save files and the elapsed time is always 0 but at least the date and time are correct.

Last edited:

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer
Level 68
Important update!
There are some texture or model related issues in 1.35 pertaining some doodads, something that doesn't happen in 1.31.1.

As you can see, in 1.31.1, the force bridge appears/exists:
ForceBridgeOK1311.png
ForceBridgeOKb1311.png

While in 1.35, it's not there at all. I thought it was a trigger issue that when I played it didn't work but I remembered it worked perfectly in 1.31.1 or even in 1.29.2 when I first started the map. But the issue is related to either a texture or a model:
ForceBridgeNotOK135.png
ForceBridgeNotOKb135.png
Trying to access the destructibles in the object editor in this map in 1.35 crashes the editor.
As you can see there are multiple errors showing. I've no idea what they really represent. Some .slk files that might not have the same name as the doodads or something.
Note that I'm referring to game files, not imported material. None.mdl is just what I use when I don't want a unit to show or be selectable.
I might be able to replace the bridge with some other doodad from 1.35 if only I could access the destructibles tab in the object editor...

EDIT: here's some errors on another map:
1675703924960.png
They seem to be the exact same or similar errors. The tileset is also the same.

EDIT2: each new map made with the 1.35 editor gives the error "Failed to Load Environment Map for tileset [different letter depending on the chosen tileset)".

Last edited:

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer
Level 68
Another, non-game breaking issue depending on one's perspective:
1.31.1:
1675890807507.png

1.35:
1675890718699.png

Basically, this trigger
  • Unit - Set Name of ShieldsTrainedUnit[ShieldsIndexInteger] to ((UnitNameString[ShieldsIndexInteger] + |n|cff963264() + ((String(ShieldsInitialValue[ShieldsIndexInteger])) + ( / + ((String(ShieldsMaxValue[ShieldsIndexInteger])) + )|r))))
doesn't work in 1.35 because of the "|n".

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer
Level 68
Orb effects don't trigger on enemy target acquisition. They only work if you make the unit directly attack a target or use the attack+ground order. If for instance your unit stands idly or holds position and some enemy unit comes along and yours starts attacking without you ordering it, the orb effect doesn't trigger.

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer
Level 68
^ This should be normal behavior, at least i remember it being so since basically ever.
It's the same on 1.31.1. However, it should not be normal since it doesn't make sense for the effect to only trigger if you use the attack command whether directly on a unit or on the ground. Note that abilities like Frost Arrow and Black Arrow don't have this defect when directly being part of a unit's abilities and not as an orb effect.

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer
Level 68
Would be nice for variables panel to remember its state like trigger windows do when you set their width and height with the cursor. But for variables what needs adjusting is not the length and width of the panel but the distances between columns. That is what needs to be memorized by the editor.
This
1676230986939.png
instead of
1676230957734.png

Level 9
Another, non-game breaking issue depending on one's perspective:
1.31.1:

1.35:

Basically, this trigger
  • Unit - Set Name of ShieldsTrainedUnit[ShieldsIndexInteger] to ((UnitNameString[ShieldsIndexInteger] + |n|cff963264() + ((String(ShieldsInitialValue[ShieldsIndexInteger])) + ( / + ((String(ShieldsMaxValue[ShieldsIndexInteger])) + )|r))))
doesn't work in 1.35 because of the "|n".
It's because working time of team Reforged is irregular. 😆 Aside of incompetence.

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer
Level 68
There's an error with Get Unit's Ability String Field, Level Field and Level Array Field.
When you set them you get:
1676303624254.png

1676303651976.png

1676303694560.png

But in actions you get for them all what only Ability String Field has when setting them:
1676303366581.png

1676303452525.png

1676303515892.png
Ball breaking, to say the least.
Moreover, (might not be understanding how it works) Ability String Field - Name doesn't change the ability's name at all.
EDIT: actually, all of the Ability String Field stuff doesn't seem to do anything.

Also, would be nice for custom campaign screens not to be mostly (like half) covered by the campaign chapter selection screen.
Compare
1676304130572.png
to
1676304070552.png

Last edited:

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer
Level 68
(SOLVED): @Uncle told me about maximum damage of AoE spells which I thought worked differently. Excuse my lameness.
(FALSE ALARM) Major bug pertaining AoE damage spells.
If there are more than 5 units under the spell's AoE, the damage lowers for some reason, depending on how many units, to 0 even.
This does not happen if a unit with splash damage, equally damages more than 5 units at a time. Strange.

I used this for testing:
  • Shield Damage Copy
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Takes damage
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Game - Display to (All players) the text: (Initial Damage + (String((Damage taken))))
Check it out in the videos below.

@Uncle do you get the same behaviour?

Attachments

• AoESpellsDeficiency.mp4
    80 MB
  • SplashDamageWorking.mp4
    31.5 MB
Last edited:

Uncle

Warcraft Moderator
Level 63
Major bug pertaining AoE damage spells.
If there are more than 5 units under the spell's AoE, the damage lowers for some reason, depending on how many units, to 0 even.
This does not happen if a unit with splash damage, equally damages more than 5 units at a time. Strange.

I used this for testing:
  • Shield Damage Copy
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Takes damage
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Game - Display to (All players) the text: (Initial Damage + (String((Damage taken))))
Check it out in the videos below.

@Uncle do you get the same behaviour?
That's not a bug, that's how "Max Damage" works, it will divide the damage among the units. Less units, smaller division, bigger damage.

Blizzard and a few other AoE spells have this Max Damage field.

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer
Level 68
That's not a bug, that's how "Max Damage" works, it will divide the damage among the units. Less units, smaller division, bigger damage.

Blizzard and a few other AoE spells have this Max Damage field.
Wow, I had no idea that actually happens in melee as well. All my life I've been living a lie. Thank you, I will definitely not let something like that in my maps as it's silly.

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer
Level 68
Changing hero unit names is bugged.
  • Unit - Set Name of (Entering unit) to ((Unit: (Entering unit)'s String Field: Ground Texture ('uubs')) + ( ( + ((String((Integer((Ability Cooldown of (Entering unit) for ability Protoss Shields and Armour (Max Value), Level: 0.))))) + (/ + ((String((Integer((Ability Cooldown of (Entering unit) fo
Also, trying to copy a very long trigger like that one with lots of concatenate strings doesn't copy the whole trigger as text but only what's visible in the trigger editor.
1677268397904.png

1677268016018.png
The hero's unit name simply remains Far Seer. Upon the damage impact trigger something happens but it's totally wrong:
1677268195207.png

1677268225717.png

Related:
Changing the hero proper name to a string like "Charlie" works but using concatenate strings just ends up in the hero's usual/default proper name.

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer
Level 68
The Disease Cloud Plague Ward Unit chooser window is stiff and cut. It can't be made to be all visible:
DiseaseCloudUnitTypeSelectionWindowBug.png
Same with the Watcher Ward:
1677425399015.png

Similarly, the buff and effects windows in the object editor are too small and can't be made to see the entirety of buff/effect name lengths:
BuffAndEffectWindowStiff.png

I've also attached a video where you can see that searching for a buff or effect will bug in the sense that if you then select a buff/effect name, the selection will automatically go to the first buff/effect in the list. This only happens once in every search. It also happens in the trigger editor.

EDIT: It seems that percentage based auras don't work well if one gives a bonus and the other takes it. In this example, Command Aura was used, one giving 100% to attack per level and the other -100%. Depending on which of the auras is put first, the bonus is applied but it does not become 0% if the auras are both active and the give/take the same value. This does not happen with for instance Devotion Aura (flat value) which correctly makes a calculation of the two aura values and the end result is 0 if both auras have the same -/+ value or the sum of both if the values are different.
Also, adding a Claw of Attack +15 just adds the 15 to the bonus damage, the percentage calculation doesn't run again. I assume, percentages work only on the base value. Yeah, tomes are considered in the calculation.

Last edited:

Uncle

Warcraft Moderator
Level 63
@deepstrasz
1) I believe ALL unit-type windows in the Object Editor are bugged like that. The solution is to switch to Rawcode mode and apply them that way.
2) I think the buff window has always been that size and was never dynamic. It's a little more annoying now since the introduction of the rawcodes in the buff names.
3) I'm not sure about the % aura stuff but I feel like it's always been that way. I could be wrong.

I don't think any of these are new to 1.35 but it would be nice to see them get fixed (lol).

And yeah, bonus flat damage has never benefitted from % boosts.

Last edited:

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer
Level 68
There are inexistent buffs/effects in Siphon Mana
1677579560803.png
If you click on them it brings the top of the list up, starting with Acid Bomb.
Also, there's no reason IMO to have Drain Life included in Siphon Mana.
Same/similarly with Life Drain and Drain Life abilities.

Please do not force us to log in to Battle.net when testing maps via the editor if the 14 days limit of offline expire. I would even urge you not to limit the offline mode as it makes no sense but to annoy.
ForcedLogInAndGameEnter.png
I'm wondering if the forced log in stuff activates once in 14 days regardless of offline mode or not.

EDIT: another annoying thing is that if you have some of the folders in the object editors open and you copy a unit or ability, the opened folders get closed and you have to open them again (+ sign).

Last edited:

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer
Level 68
Don't remember if it was mentioned in an earlier patch but saving your map while testing it doesn't work as it should but it doesn't work even after exiting the game. And if you happened to accidentally save it, the map won't work anymore.

Would be nice to get the full map name under Window.

1678556703947.png

Status
Not open for further replies.