• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Spell] Passive Mind Rot

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 13
Sorry but I can't set the nagative values. It is set to zero.
Hold Left-Shift and press enter/double-click the field.

As for the banish, I'm not sure if there's any standard blizzard ability which does that. Depending on your needs, you could give a shot on the passive morphing unit method (two unit types, one of them having ethereal armor type), or order a dummy unit to constantly cast banish on your targets.

Level 8
I need the passive banish for all units in the game. Is there a trigger with that a dummy unit cast banish on every unit?(like an aura spell) I need also banish without movemnt speed reduction.

Level 13
I'm not at home right now, so I'm afraid of not being able to help you out correctly.

Well, first, try to use only one dummy unit, ordering it to cast banish on all units using a unit group. E.g.: Unit Group (enumerate all units/targets) -> move dummy unit on top of picked unit -> order it to cast banish on them. IIRC, If you make a dummy unit unable of turning by setting its movement speed to 0, reduce both of its animation - cast point and backswing to 0., they become capable of casting an ability multiple times at once. If this doesn't work well for you, then create a dummy unit for each target.

About the movement speed reduction, if banish does not have any field related to it, then I guess you'll have to change that value in the gameplay constants.
(WE -> Toolbar - advanced -> gameplay constants...)

Level 13
Add cargo hold (orc burrow) ability to each unit. It renders them unable of attacking, because burrows need peons in it in order to attack.

Or, order a dummy unit to cast silence with a global AoE. Silence can also disable attacks, but you have to change its flags in the object editor, from spells to attack. This one will be a problem with magic immune units or dispels.

Status
Not open for further replies.